07-15-2016 04:53 AM
Has anyone out there in the UK ordered an X1 Yoga with OLED and received it yet? I ordered mine and it missed the 11 day shipping window. When I phoned they said it has been moved back to the 8th Aug. 6 weeks after from my order going in. I received no notification at all about the delay, which is quite poor customer service in my opinion.
After some checking it seems the delay is the 1TB SSD, I have asked if I can modify the order to make it a 512GB model which ships in 9 days currently and have that order expideted, but lets see if they come back to me this time.
Anyone else had this issue?
07-15-2016 03:29 PM
Around the same time as mine was ordered then (30th June). I think it was the day the OLED's became available.
I am supposed to call them back on Monday to see if there has been a response from the factory about the delivery time on a 512GB model. I will let you know if I hear anything back.
07-15-2016 09:58 PM
Depending on region, it may be costly to connect to the internet. Sure, I can wait till I get home to connect... most enterprise workspaces lock-down their internet connection making access to cloud based services impossible.
I upgraded mine from 256GB to 512GB, because it would be way to expensive to continously connect to the internet.
07-16-2016 01:16 AM
A few reason really.
1) on the model I choose it was the default option
2) Reducing it to 512MB only reduced the cost by £26
3) just cause I can
4) I travell a lot and like to have a number of VM's available to me locally.
07-22-2016 03:18 AM
Just phone Lenovo again and the order has now been delayed until September 8th. This is getting beyond a joke, that will be 10 weeks from placing the order. I am going to cancel the order I think.
07-25-2016 05:55 AM
I guess you were one of the lucky ones. I ordered mine the day the OLED version was available to order in the UK. I have been told the shortage is with the SSD/KB/LCD Panel now so there is more than one thing causing the delay. If there as a laptop with the same spec elsewhere I would jump on it.
I have ordered a 512GB model which according to the website ships in 9 days to see if it arrives anytime sooner, I will then cancel the 1TB model.