Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
typod
Fanfold Paper
Views: 829
Message 1 of 10

X1 Yoga OLED

Hi,

Has anyone out there in the UK ordered an X1 Yoga with OLED and received it yet?  I ordered mine and it missed the 11 day shipping window.  When I phoned they said it has been moved back to the 8th Aug.  6 weeks after from my order going in.  I received no notification at all about the delay, which is quite poor customer service in my opinion.

After some checking it seems the delay is the 1TB SSD, I have asked if I can modify the order to make it a 512GB model which ships in 9 days currently and have that order expideted, but lets see if they come back to me this time.

Anyone else had this issue?

StratoStar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 774
Message 2 of 10

Re: X1 Yoga OLED

Smiley Frustrated Same problem for me (in France) order placed July 1, information received by email today.

I also request to change the command to a SSD 512GB.

typod
Fanfold Paper
Views: 767
Message 3 of 10

Around the same time as mine was ordered then (30th June).  I think it was the day the OLED's became available.

I am supposed to call them back on Monday to see if there has been a response from the factory about the delivery time on a 512GB model.  I will let you know if I hear anything back.

sp333
Fanfold Paper
Views: 743
Message 4 of 10

Just curious, why go with 1TB ssd when you have cloud as a viable option?

indothai
Punch Card
Views: 736
Message 5 of 10

Depending on region, it may be costly to connect to the internet.  Sure, I can wait till I get home to connect... most enterprise workspaces lock-down their internet connection making access to cloud based services impossible.

I upgraded mine from 256GB to 512GB, because it would be way to expensive to continously connect to the internet.

typod
Fanfold Paper
Views: 726
Message 6 of 10

A few reason really.

1) on the model I choose it was the default option

2) Reducing it to 512MB only reduced the cost by £26

3) just cause I can Smiley Happy

4) I travell a lot and like to have a number of VM's available to me locally.

typod
Fanfold Paper
Views: 618
Message 7 of 10

Just phone Lenovo again and the order has now been delayed until September 8th.  This is getting beyond a joke, that will be 10 weeks from placing the order.  I am going to cancel the order I think.  

sp333
Fanfold Paper
Views: 602
Message 8 of 10

Oh wow. Sorry to hear that. Mine shipped in record time, 8 days from placing order.
sp333
Fanfold Paper
Views: 601
Message 9 of 10

Makes sense. Didn't consider for some cost may be prohibitive. Guess am spoiled since employer foots the bill for unlimited connection
typod
Fanfold Paper
Views: 533
Message 10 of 10

I guess you were one of the lucky ones.  I ordered mine the day the OLED version was available to order in the UK.  I have been told the shortage is with the SSD/KB/LCD Panel now so there is more than one thing causing the delay.  If there as a laptop with the same spec elsewhere I would jump on it.

I have ordered a 512GB model which according to the website ships in 9 days to see if it arrives anytime sooner, I will then cancel the 1TB model.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors