Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DerekLee1
Paper Tape
Views: 4,425
Message 1 of 6

X1 Yoga Plugged in, Not Charging

After a System Updade yesterday, my X1 Yoga is suddenly not charging my battery.  There's a message when hovering over the battery icon that says "4% available (plugged in, not charging)".  Not sure if the update is related or coincidental, but the battery tests as normal, and the power supply is working to maintain power.  I've tried different power supplies, numerous reboots, uninstalling the "Lenovo Settings" app, and disabling/re-enabling, removing and reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery adapter.  Someone please help!

poweradapter
Paper Tape
Views: 4,346
Message 2 of 6

Re: X1 Yoga Plugged in, Not Charging

I have the same problem. Battery is now completely dead and I can´t turn it on, so I can´t even undo the update. My notebook is a Yoga 2 Pro. Anybody can help?

AnthonyF1
What's DOS?
Views: 4,252
Message 3 of 6

Hello - I'm having the exact same problem and have tried all of the same things Derek did.  Does anyone know what to do? 

Thanks,

Anthony

DerekLee1
Paper Tape
Views: 4,234
Message 4 of 6

I did a number of things that finally got me charging again, although I'm not sure which option actually did the trick.  First thing I did was uninstalled Lenovo Settings.  Then I did a full power down, unpugged, and waited for a couple of minutes.  Then I plugged back in and powered back up.  Then I did a full shut down again, and when I powered up I entered the BIOS and toggled the battery setting to "Max Performance" or something like that (I just changed it from whatever it was).  After I came back up I reinstalled Lenovo Settings from the Microsoft App Store.  Then I made sure in Settings under the Battery icon that Battery Stretch, Airplane Power Mode, and Battery Charge Threshold were all OFF.  Then another full shut down, unplug, 2 minute wait, and plug in and power up.  I was suddenly charging again.

Any one of those things could've triggered the battery to start charging again, but doing all of this definitely got me working again.  I haven't yet tried toggling anything back to the default settings again, but may try that once I'm not so overloaded with work and can afford to test it.  Good luck everyone, hope it helps.

DuhDude
What's DOS?
Views: 4,067
Message 5 of 6

I went through your steps and saw the problem fixed right after changing the BIOS settings so perhaps that alone is what needed to happen. Also in the BIOS I selected the option for "temporarily disable internal battery" which is a function that disables the battery until the next time the AC adapter is connected (it would seem that this BIOS option might only be available to a system that does not currently have an AC adapter connected?) anyway, after waiting a few minutes and plugging in the AC adapter and powering up, the problem is resolved.

Waroe
What's DOS?
Views: 1,297
Message 6 of 6

Thank you so much!  My X1 thought it was plugged in when it wasn't.  I didn't realize this until Windows gave me the 10% battery warning (I've now increased the threshold to 20%) which didn't give me a lot of time to figure out this issue.

Temporarily disabling the battery from the BIOS resolved the problem for me.  The computer shut down, the charge light turned off, and it resumed charging after I plugged in power.

I hope this helps anyone else who encounters this problem!

Extra information for search engines:
X1 Yoga 2nd generation

Orange charge light is always on
Windows plugged in, discharging

Low power, battery good, not charging

Top Kudoed Authors