04-10-2016

US

1 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Yoga - Power Button - Poor Responsivity

2016-04-10, 23:52 PM

Hi, I have had my X1 Yoga for about a month.  From the moment I opened the package, the power button has been unresponsive.  I actually thought the laptop was DOA when I first got it but I kept holding to the power button with increasing pressure for almost a minute before the laptop would fire up the first time. EDIT: To clarify, the button does in fact click, but the laptop shows no recognition of the click.

Now I rarely ever power down, but when I have, it has been the same story.

Recently, the whole power menu has vanished in my Windows 10 interface, so I have no software buttons to power down or reboot the laptop.  I just go to standby or hibernate when I close the lid (on battery and plugged in, respectively).

This is not a huge deal to me, but without the software menu and with an unresponsive hardware Power Button, I can't properly reboot or shutdown my computer.  I know I can hit the reset button at the bottom of the laptop, but the whole point is that I would like to occasionally reboot or just shutdown the laptop properly.

Options

2049 Posts

05-01-2010

US

12497 Signins

144693 Page Views

• Views: 144693
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Yoga - Power Button - Poor Responsivity

2016-04-11, 0:59 AM

Hi AGENTASIAN,

Welcome to the forums. I am sorry that you are having this problem with your X1 Yoga.

Considering that the X1 is fairly new, have you contacted Lenovo ThinkPad Warranty Tech Support?

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/contactus

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Using Browser Search to Find Your Answers In Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete