Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thinkpad_X
Fanfold Paper
Views: 318
Message 1 of 1

X1 Yoga SSD performace

After 2 months, checked mulitiple reviews and feedbacks, I bought the X1 yoga to replace my X230 (yeah?)

Apperance-wise , I can't complain, really, this is exactly what I'm looking for. battery life ain't bad, with comfortable setting, I have roughly 9 hrs (OMG!) With/without external power, I ran the FFXIV benchmark, the score isn't bad as well.

So why I start this post? because the SSD, somehow , I can feel the system is lagging because some whatever reason, and I use my laptop to do still image raw editing ... from the point import the files to the laptop, I can see the transfer rate is only about 60MB/s (at home my primary system, can do minimum 130~140MB/s, with same card reader attach to USB3.0)

So what happened ? such great laptop came with a crappy SSD ? looked up online, this SSD with write speed up to 140MB/s ? WTH ? I thought 100~140MB/s are the speed for those aged 7.2k rpm traditional HDD ?

Well, should I be glad I only order the 128GB module, because the built your own charge $300~400 for 500GB SSD upgrade, and I just bought one from Crucial , the MX200 500GB M.2 2280 cost $150 ? (and with 3 years warranty)

I can't blame the whole laptop, but Lenovo should pick a better parts , especially storage is quite important as part of this laptop, isn't it ?

thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors