Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AHV
What's DOS?
Views: 632
Message 1 of 2

X1 Yoga Shuts down and does not turn back on

Thank you for following this thread.

I have recently recieved a refurbished X1 Yoga which has run extremely well until three days ago. When I first recieved the laptop I noticed only that the battery charged light and the screen notification were not aligned. The light next to the charger would indicate it was charged long before the screen would agree. This wasn't that big of a deal, but it may have led to my next issue.

Three days ago the touchscreen and mouse started to malfunction. On the right side of the screen there was the mouse and three circles frozen, but I could still use the mouse through intuition and some guesswork. The visible point of the mouse would flicker back and fourth between where it actually was and the right side of the screen. Later that evening I closed the laptop and it died. I tried to charge the laptop, but no matter how long it was charged or how long I held the power button nothing happened. Essentially, it became a very expensive brick.

Yesterday I charged the laptop again just out of desperation and it came to life. It made a sound like a dial-up and just turned on as if nothing happened. Everything seemed to be all right until it crashed again, and now is currently dead.

Any suggestions? The laptop is still under warranty since I got it about three weeks ago, I just can't turn it on to use Lenovo Support.

David_J_W
802.11n
Views: 577
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Yoga Shuts down and does not turn back on

Seeing as your machine appears to have suffered hardware failure, I would phone for support. If the International Warranty Tool on support.lenovo.com is correct, you should call 1-800-426-7378 in the United States.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors