Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

06-30-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 211 of 229

Re: X1 Yoga Touch Screen No Longer Working

2017-06-30, 2:27 AM

This did not work. The pen does not work either. Please look at this as a larger issue and push out a mandatory update.

Options

2 Posts

08-26-2017

India

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 212 of 229

2017-08-27, 4:58 AM

I'm using an X1 Yoga Model 20 FQ and facing the same issue

.With the the original preloaded  edition of Windows 10 the touch screen was working fine but after some updates, the touch screen does not work.

The pen however works fine. I'm currently on the Windows Creators update and even tried refreshing / resetting Windows but no solution. 

I have also tried removing and re-installing various Wacom drivers as suggested on this  forum. A screenshot of the Device Manager is attached for ref.  

Options

1 Posts

09-16-2017

United States of America

3 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 213 of 229

2017-09-16, 18:21 PM

Another X1 Yoga owner with touchscreen not working (pen is working.)

Model# 20FQ000RUS

Wacom Device driver 7.3.4.36 - 4/12/2017

Firmware Updates: 503E, 503F, 5040, 5041, 5042, 5093, 5094, 5095

Have gone through this entire thread and tried everything suggested. (Firmware updates, used the LSB to update device drivers, reset BIOS, turned off internal battery, etc...)

Wacom Device, HID-compliant pen, and HID-compliant touch screen all show up in Device Manager as "working properly." The "Start" button (integrated into the glass touch screen) on the display *was* working before going through everything on this thread. It no longer responds to touch. When I open any of the Wacom tablet tools (Wacom Tablet Properties, Wacom Display Settings) from the Start menu, the apps do not run, and error message appears, "Your device is not connected to your computer. If your device is plugged in, try using a different port. If that does not work, please contact Customer Support, and we can help." The "Wacom Pen" app works. The "Wacom Desktop Center" runs but, reports "No device connected."

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Options

2 Posts

08-26-2017

India

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 214 of 229

2017-09-17, 8:31 AM

My issue is resolved. The display panel  was replaced and all is working fine now. Was not a driver issue as I had thought

Options

6 Posts

01-17-2010

United States of America

24 Signins

137 Page Views

• Views: 137
  • Message 215 of 229

2017-09-23, 3:25 AM

Lenovo just replaced the touchscreen and cable on my X1 Yoga model 20FQ002YUS and while the pen works, I cannot use my finger on the touchscreen.  The IBM guy couldn't figure out why it was not working and suggested that I contact Lenovo again and they will probably replace the systemboard.  To me it does not sound like a hardware issue, but either a driver incompatibility or a registry setting.  I will contact Lenovo in due course to continue my quest to get a working touchscreen.

Options

6 Posts

03-04-2015

United States of America

23 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 216 of 229

2017-11-04, 8:18 AM

thinkpad yoga x1 - 1st gen;

worked on three units,

two of which are i5's w/8gb/1080p models, 20FR.

and then an i7 w/16gb/1080p model, 20FQ.

installed clean copies with microsoft recovery media from microsoft.com

even after copying:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore

the drivers are somewhat specific to each product, particularly the fingerprint reader, but may vary

full drivers are best to be had directly from https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/

needed to use a separate wifi adapter for the i7 model to start loading drivers.

solo boot win10, the i5 models were a breeze, except needed to uninstall on one of them, intel guard technology from device manager, and restarted, and exclamation mark driver issue dissappeared

dualbooted the i7 model with w8.1 and w10. touch screen features did not work on either OS's. when I installed the firmware update on w8.1, touch functionality came to life,
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS112340

and then it worked for w10 (fall creators update installed). enabled bitlocker on w8.1, and then the touchscreen functionality stopped working on w10. tried a few things, like uninstalling the touchscreen driver in device manager and updating other drivers. then decided to update the firmware solely on w10,
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS112340

all good now

Options

6 Posts

03-04-2015

United States of America

23 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 217 of 229

2017-11-05, 8:06 AM

update!!

regarding thinkpad yoga X1;
20FQ, i7u, 16gb, 512gb SSD model, with w8.1/w10 dual boot with 3rd partition, 1080p IPS (chose this screen res because of app-native-resolution & font stenciling and potentially improved battery life vs OLED or 1440p IPS)

after a few restarts, realized, the screen needs the same firmware update everytime I want my w10 to have restored touch functionality, and it enables it right away after the firmware update... and I'm not going to bother toying with that.

also, i had a 3rd partition as data (w8.1, w10, data), and w10 forced my 3rd partition to be encrypted even with bitlocker off... so I had to enable bitlocker in w10, and then turn it off again, load w8.1, and then go back to w10, and restart the computer several times until it just allowed the drive to be unlocked. also, the fall creators update does not openly allow me to select if I want which level of bitlocker to be enabled so that I can unlock it on older versions of Windows. so from w8.1, I couldn't unlock and access the bitlocker enabled partitions by copying the correct corresponding key over. anyway, the touchscreen feature for both finger touch and pen touch were always enabled and working under w8.1, and would just randomly stop working on w10 after a few restarts.

so i've given up for now trying to get the w10 touch screen to work again, and don't feel like updating the firmware every time, it's very annoying.
also, battery life on the w8.1 OS (minimum tweaks) feels better than on w10 w/FCU package (with massively more battery saving tweaks)
models with 16gb of RAM and especially the i7 processor can still achieve great battery life on the g, given the right variables.

btw, anyone thinking about applying a screen protector on the screen, the absolute best screen protector is the anti-glare finish option, "2the Max," sold from boxwave.com
there is a crystal clear version, but not a fan of glare or shine coating. after the anti-glare shield is applied, the screen is very identical to the thinkpad t430s (non-IPS) and above "tXXX-s" models with IPS screens, with the full ant-glare coating. colors may slightly soften up a bit with the screen protector, but doesn't do too much damage to image quality, and is far easier on the eyes, and in my opinion, makes the pen and touch functionality far more pleasing of an experience, and not as much as a finger print magnet.
easy re-application if any dust or particles get stuck, just use sticky tape to remove artifacts, and requires almost a perfect adjust to get the edges to fit correctly!

the keyboard for the thinkpad yoga X1 is also vastly superior than on t460s, no question. the yoga model, it's just not as overly stiff and loud-clicky as compared to the t460s.

anyway, the loops involved here to try and get the touchscreen working on w10 are not pleasant, w10 has been a series of randomly unanticipated disaster(s) for many of the unfortunate - for the OS, the cost of sacrificing stability seems to be the trade off of quickly attempting to add more and more unncessary, seemingly useless features.

but over all, the the thinkpad yoga x1 has been a true hallmark in the footprint of the pc industry versus other competitors.

Options

1 Posts

10-19-2016

United States of America

2 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 218 of 229

2018-07-18, 11:56 AM

Re: "A note to those who are angry at Lenovo for selling a piece of junk and will never buy Lenovo again....

I'm a 30-year SysAdmin. I started with the IBM XT and DOS 2.0. Every PC I've ever dealt with has some sort of issue one way or another -- hardware or software-based. It's always a matter of patiently working through it...."

I've had several Dell laptops, and one IBM laptop years ago, and now the Yoga. 

The Dells always just worked.  The one I have from 2010 still works.

The Lenovo Carbon laptop I bought in 2016  has been a $3,000 time suck that materially affected my ability to earn a living. The thing just stopped working. Weeks of back and forth with Service depot, even though I had purchased expedited service, and I still didn't have a functional laptop to run contemporary software like Python. I had to cancel a class that was important to my career development because I got so far behind trying to get Lenovo to fix or replace the Carbon.

I got a Yoga as a replacement. The one link plus stopped working. That had to be replaced (oh and this is sweet: entering the exact product ID on the Lenovo service/warranty portal website resulted in "there's no product with that SN/PID." That's certainly an effective method to reduce warranty claims.)

Now I try to use the stylus to make a drawing, and the line on the screen is five inches away from where the stylus is positioned. So of course I go online, and I see I could spend the rest of my day trying to get this piece of crap figured out and working. These "forums" are just the manufacturer's way to offload providing tech support to the customers. 

Lenovo makes a sexy laptop, but I'll never buy one again.

Options

2 Posts

10-20-2018

Philippines

29 Signins

123 Page Views

• Views: 123
  • Message 219 of 229

2018-10-20, 6:45 AM

I have my Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga 1st Gen. I have the the same problem too. My laptop's touch screen and pen is not working.

Options

2 Posts

10-20-2018

Philippines

29 Signins

123 Page Views

• Views: 123
  • Message 220 of 229

2018-10-20, 9:32 AM

I've already searched for possible solutions. None of them worked. My HID Compliant Touch Screen Driver is missing. Please help me figure out the problem. Thank you!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms