Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 208 (32,107 Views)

X1 Yoga Touch Screen No Longer Working

My recently purchased X1 Yoga touch screen has stopped working. Things I've tried to so far:

• Updating all drivers for BIOS and other devices
  • Disabling and re-enabling the touchscreen device and Wacom HID device in Device Manager
  • Uninstalling touch screen device and Wacom HID Device in Device Manager
  • Unchecking "allow computer to turn off this device to save power"
  • Reboot from safe mode
  • Restore Windows to factory default

For clarifications the pen is working just fine. 

I was able to get the touchscreen back for awhile by uninstalling the Wacom device in Device Manager and rebooting. That fix doesn't work anymore. I'm really frustrated by this - not even restoring windows to factory default fixes the problem. I've looked online for many hours on this issue and pretty much tried everything suggested. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 208 (31,807 Views)

Re: X1 Yoga Touch Screen No Longer Working

Any update on this?  I just got my computer, all was fine.  Ran a windows update and the touchscreen stopped working.  Still works with the pen though.

Lenovo Staff
Message 3 of 208 (31,684 Views)

In response to customer reports that the touchscreen stops accepting input on X1 Yoga ThinkPads, Lenovo will release firmware this week that resolves the issue.

I will post again when the firmware becomes available.

Thank you,

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 208 (31,677 Views)

So I got a tentative solution. The touchscreen stops working only after I bend the screen back and forth and I think sometimes I might be pressing certain spots on the screen too firmly. But closing the screen and reopening it seems to be resetting something and the touchscreen would work afterwards. Hope this helps!

Punch Card
Message 5 of 208 (31,666 Views)

So, a temp solution. On an almost $2000 device. LOL! I read so many complaints from people on other sites. But, I chalked them up to competition trying to make a bad name for Lenovo. You know, a company whos name use to exude confidence and prower? I am really wishing that I did not spend this much money on a device. I can say this, it is the last time that will happen. My last laptop was an Asus gaming rig. Had all sorts of problems. It seems as though these companies are trying to package crap in a gold wrapper and seal it as some awesome premium thing. At the end of the day though, all of these companies want one thing. And if they could legally get it without offering anything at all, they would rip the money clean out of our hands just to get a better income score for their shareholders. truly, I do not believe in you get what you pay for. Not any more at least. And this is not a made in China thing. Because at the end of the day, the factory workers in China can not work merciless. They can not turn crap into structurally sound building blocks. The do what they are asked with the items they are given. This is my second rant today. i think I am going to take a rest from here for a bit. Come back a little later. maybe I will be a little calmer. And maybe, Lenovo will do the proper thing and re design better hardware to surround this circuitry. LOL! Sure, wishful thinking at best.
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 208 (31,642 Views)

I have the same problem here ....

waiting for the firmware release .... 

Lenovo Staff
Message 7 of 208 (31,610 Views)

[ Edited ]

Lenovo has released the Touch Firmware Update Tool, version 1.0, to resolve customer reports of unexpected touchscreen behavior such as freezing, stops working, moving the cursor, or stuck touch points.

It can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS112340

If the Touch Firmware update does not resolve your issue, please provide a description of the unexpected behavior to assist Think Engineering with identifying any unresolved issues.

Thank you,

Paper Tape
Message 8 of 208 (31,400 Views)

Any chance Lenovo can package the "Touch firmware upgrade" as a bootable USB stick? Many of us do not have Windows (and if you ever go to any Silicon Valley conference, you'll see how many we are: Lenovo ignoring the Linux community is real bad business sense).

Paper Tape
Message 9 of 208 (31,195 Views)

I installed this firmware update to my X1 Yoga and neither the touchscreen nor the pen work after the update. The update took a while to install, then afterwards my touchscreen/pen stopped working. Now neither the touchscreen/pen appear in Device Manager (!), and I'm sure this update bricked the firmware of my touch/pen digitizer. Have to get the computer serviced (!) because of this update, this is now a hardware issue.

Has anyone else successfully installed this update without it bricking their machine?

Paper Tape
Message 10 of 208 (31,188 Views)

Yes, I did. But the hard way: first use mailed DVDs to reset to Windows 7 factory state (this took 4 hours!). Then applied Touch firmware update in Windows 7. Then reinstalled debian testing snapshot and upgrade to unstable (< 20 minutes). Now everything except automatic screen rotation (accelerometer) works. --Kris
Top kudoed Authors