Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pjniez16
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,307
Message 1 of 16

X1 Yoga Touchpad 3 Finger Gesture Not Working

I have have my ThinkPad X1 Yoga touchpad configured to use the 3 finger gesture to switch apps on the Gestures tabe of the Synaptics Control Panel.  But swiping up or down on the touchpad with 3 fingers does not do anything.  This used to work when I first got my X1 Yoga a couple of weeks ago.  But it has since stopped.  All my drivers are up to date as of today (6/8/2016).  Is anyone else having this problem?

I would like to add that the two finger Pinch to Zoom gesture on my touchpad does work...

lenardg
802.11n
Views: 2,254
Message 2 of 16

Re: X1 Yoga Touchpad 3 Finger Gesture Not Working

For me three finger swipe left and right invokes the back/forward navigation keys. For browsers this is equivalent to pressing the BACK button or the FORWARD button. Others apps react to it on their own way. For example, Control Panel will also step backward, so will the Windows Store.

If I check settings for the Synaptics Touchpad, I have Switching Apps selected for three finger swipes. But it does not seem to be working that way. At least when I follow the video that it shows in the settings, it does not work that way for me.

I have used three finger left/right swipes for back/forward navigation for at least 3-4 years on ThinkPads. I did not even realize this should have changed (did not open the settings until now Smiley Happy ) This back/forward used to be the way the Synaptics touchpads work on ThinkPads for three finger swipes. I wonder if there is a change coming and it is not yet fully implemented?

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52 | X1 Yoga (1st)(2nd) | Legion Y530
pjniez16
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,248
Message 3 of 16

@ lenardg,  Yes, much to my surprise, the three finger swipe left/right in Google Chrome browser for back/forth navigation works for me too!  I never knew about that gesture!  Probably because the swiping is backwards from what I am used to by swiping on the screen for back and forth navigation.  I wish there was a way to reverse it.  Thanks!

@Everyone Else, Does the 3 finger swipe up to bring up the Task View to switch apps and 3 finger swipe to show the desktop for anyone?  As I said before, the 3 finger swipe, up or down, does not do anything on my X1.

Former Employee
Views: 2,234
Message 4 of 16

Think Engineering was able to reproduce customer reports that 3 finger swiping is not working as designed on X1 Yoga ThinkPads and are working to release a fix.

I will post again when I receive an update.

Thank you,

pjniez16
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,226
Message 5 of 16

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the looking into this and initiating getting the issue fixed with the 3 finger swipe up and down!  

As mentioned in my previous post on this subject, I didn't know about the 3 finger swipe left or right in the browswer would navigate back and forth pages.  Knowing this now, I will try to use it.  However, the swiping is exactly opposite of what I would do if I were to swipe back and forth on the screen to navigate back and forth in Google Chrome.  In Chrome, if you want to go back a page, you swipe from left to right like you were turning back a page in a book or magazine.  To navigate forward, you swipe right to left (just like with a physical book).  On the touchpad, the 3 fingers swipe works the exact opposite.  It would be great to have the option to reverse the navigation of the 3 fingers left and right swipes on the touchpad based on user preference.  Is it possible to request such an enhancement to the touchpad sowftware/drivers?

lenardg
802.11n
Views: 2,213
Message 6 of 16

Amy, please just do not remove anything (like back/forward navigation), just add options (task view, direction option as suggested by pjniez16) and fix things Smiley Happy Thanks!

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52 | X1 Yoga (1st)(2nd) | Legion Y530
pjniez16
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,177
Message 7 of 16

Hi Amy,

Do you have any update on the fix for the touchpad issues on the X1 Yoga?  When can we expect the fix for this issue?

Thanks.

Paul

L_OsmeX1
What's DOS?
Views: 2,072
Message 8 of 16

Hello all, 

news on this problem??

Thanks

Luca

pjniez16
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,051
Message 9 of 16

I haven't heard anything more on this issue.  It would be nice if this could get fixed soon...

mutrib
Paper Tape
Views: 1,865
Message 10 of 16

Did you find a solution?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors