cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 5,807
Message 1 of 18

X1 Yoga (Type 20FQ and 20FR) Touchscreen Firmware

In response to customer reports of intermittent touchscreen function failure on X1 Yoga (Type 20FQ and 20FR) after resuming from sleep or when the lid is opened or closed, Lenovo has made a solution via touchscreen firmware available via download from the Lenovo Forums.

The touchscreen firmware and readme file can be downloaded here:

https://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/sm/503E_5042_5093_5095.exe

https://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/sm/X1_Yoga_Touchscreen_Firmware_Readme.docx

Please provide feedback in this discussion to assist Lenovo with gauging the success of this beta touchscreen firmware in resolving these customer reports.

Thank you,

Edit 8/11/16: This firmware, v4.19, was officially released by Lenovo on 6/19, which can be found here:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-X-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-X1-...

tfandango
Punch Card
Views: 5,718
Message 2 of 18

Re: X1 Yoga (Type 20FQ and 20FR) Touchscreen Firmware

Thanks for the update Amy.  I just installed and am sad to report that it still does not work at all.  The pen continues to work just fine, not sure if that's the same underlying system or not.  But touch never works.  For me it is not a sometimes-working kind of thing, it's always not working.  I am beginning to wonder if there is some hardware issue with this...

Former Employee
Views: 5,643
Message 3 of 18

Tfandango,

I am sorry to hear this firmware did not restore touchscreen function.

Since your touchscreen function never works, would you mind checking the setting for your touchscreen?

1. Open “Device Manager”.
2. Navigate to option “Human Interface Devices”, then expand to find “HID-compliant touch screen”.
3. Right-click “HID-compliant touch screen” and click "Disable”.

4. Test to see if function is restored.

RavenYoga_TouchDisable_ByDeviceManager.png

Thank you, 

tfandango
Punch Card
Views: 5,618
Message 4 of 18

Hi Amy,

I "Disabled" HID-compliant touch screen and it still does not work.  It does not work whether this is enabled or disabled.

x1yoga
What's DOS?
Views: 5,434
Message 5 of 18

The firmware update for the x1 yoga does not support an unattended install.   We need it to support an unattended install for imaging.   Thx   (executable: n1fgf01w.exe (lenovo signed  V1.0.0.0 product version - 4.0.100.1124 file version 1.04MB)

JAxe
Paper Tape
Views: 5,346
Message 6 of 18

Thank you for the firmware update.  I have had the X1 Yoga for a little less than a month and have been having intermittent touch screen failure (although the stylus still worked), which I could only resolve temporarily by using the Firmware Update Tool obtained at the Lenovo support site.  I hope this new firmware update resolves the problem.  I installed it today.  I will use for awhile and provide feedback.

tmhoole
What's DOS?
Views: 5,282
Message 7 of 18

I installed this update last night.  So far so good.  Presuming the result endures, hearty thanks for resolving this!  

JAxe
Paper Tape
Views: 5,140
Message 8 of 18

So far no touchscreen function failure since downloading the new firmware 8 days ago. No sign of any bugs with the firmware.
jrainey
Token Ring
Views: 4,958
Message 9 of 18

I installed the update and lost my touch all together and my Pen no longer works (it did before I applied the firmware).

I need a fix, please.

SpaceGhost
What's DOS?
Views: 4,739
Message 10 of 18

Haven't had the chance to try it out as I am still yet looking to purchase the X1 Yoga, but I want to thank you for trying to fix this. I was worried about my stylus and touch screen possibly not being able to work. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors