cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 28,149
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 598
Message 1 of 10

X1 Yoga - Vantage missing settings

I have removed the settings app a while ago and installed vantage. But the only settings it shows are for display. On an airplane today it went into "airplane mode" with a link to lenovo settings. Clicking on that it said i had to use Vantage, but Vantage has no settings for power. 

 

Any ideas? Lenovo service bridge and system update are installed, but not lenovo settings. 

 

Thanks


* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Guru
Posts: 1,414
Registered: ‎07-21-2010
Location: US
Views: 567
Message 2 of 10

Re: X1 Yoga - Vantage missing settings

I know you have a X1 yoga and NOT a T440p.  Take at look at the post below for missing settings.  Maybe you could try the same thing?  When I had a problem with missing settings I had updated system foundation but it didnt help.  I had to uninstall lenovo vantage and system foudnation and reboot.  Reinstall vantage.  Run Vantage which installed newest system foundation.  Then i rebooted and ran vantage and everything was back again.

 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440p-Power-Management-icon-s-missing/m-...

 


 If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!


 I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 28,149
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 536
Message 3 of 10

Re: X1 Yoga - Vantage missing settings

Thanks, that fixed it - but i had to use the windows 10 add/remove programs, not control panel to remove lenovo vantage and lenovo settings. 

 

But now, although vantage has all the settings, it never finishes scanning for updates. If i go to Lenovo web site and scan for updates, there are many, but they all error on install - no message worth searching for. 

 

Any ideas on why updates always fail or where to find logs for troubleshooting?


* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Posts: 5,540
Registered: ‎10-29-2009
Location: NC
Views: 531
Message 4 of 10

Re: X1 Yoga - Vantage missing settings


@AlphaDog wrote:

Thanks, that fixed it - but i had to use the windows 10 add/remove programs, not control panel to remove lenovo vantage and lenovo settings. 

 

But now, although vantage has all the settings, it never finishes scanning for updates. If i go to Lenovo web site and scan for updates, there are many, but they all error on install - no message worth searching for. 

 

Any ideas on why updates always fail or where to find logs for troubleshooting?


Can you please post a screenshot that shows Vantage never finish scanning for updates?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 28,149
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 528
Message 5 of 10

Re: X1 Yoga - Vantage missing settings


@someotherguy wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

Thanks, that fixed it - but i had to use the windows 10 add/remove programs, not control panel to remove lenovo vantage and lenovo settings. 

 

But now, although vantage has all the settings, it never finishes scanning for updates. If i go to Lenovo web site and scan for updates, there are many, but they all error on install - no message worth searching for. 

 

Any ideas on why updates always fail or where to find logs for troubleshooting?


Can you please post a screenshot that shows Vantage never finish scanning for updates?


I gave up on vantage - it was just the gray spinning circles. I killed all the lenovo processes, then used the website with the service bridge scan and that finally did it. 


* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Posts: 5,540
Registered: ‎10-29-2009
Location: NC
Views: 525
Message 6 of 10

Re: X1 Yoga - Vantage missing settings


@AlphaDog wrote:

@someotherguy wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

Thanks, that fixed it - but i had to use the windows 10 add/remove programs, not control panel to remove lenovo vantage and lenovo settings. 

 

But now, although vantage has all the settings, it never finishes scanning for updates. If i go to Lenovo web site and scan for updates, there are many, but they all error on install - no message worth searching for. 

 

Any ideas on why updates always fail or where to find logs for troubleshooting?


Can you please post a screenshot that shows Vantage never finish scanning for updates?


I gave up on vantage - it was just the gray spinning circles. I killed all the lenovo processes, then used the website with the service bridge scan and that finally did it. 


Sorry for that trouble.  I've heard this problem before, but haven't been able to reproduce it myself.  We are actually looking for someone who has this problem and willing to let us remote into their system (from China) for live debugging.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 28,149
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 522
Message 7 of 10

Re: X1 Yoga - Vantage missing settings

But here is a picture anyway - it just sits like this for as long as i wait

 

Capture=vantage.PNG


* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Posts: 5,540
Registered: ‎10-29-2009
Location: NC
Views: 517
Message 8 of 10

Re: X1 Yoga - Vantage missing settings

I see.  The issue I heard before is that it gets stuck at 95-97%.  Your screenshot shows that it is stuck at 0%, and also stuck trying to show the auto-update status (the spinning dots under "critical updates".  I haven't heard this issue before.  This seems like something wrong with Lenovo System Interface Foundation.  Did you try uninstall and reinstall that?  https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ch/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre-m-series-desktops/t...

 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 28,149
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 514
Message 9 of 10

Re: X1 Yoga - Vantage missing settings


@someotherguy wrote:

I see.  The issue I heard before is that it gets stuck at 95-97%.  Your screenshot shows that it is stuck at 0%, and also stuck trying to show the auto-update status (the spinning dots under "critical updates".  I haven't heard this issue before.  This seems like something wrong with Lenovo System Interface Foundation.  Did you try uninstall and reinstall that?  https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ch/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre-m-series-desktops/t...

 


Thanks, i have not tried this yet, but i will. I only did an uninstall via add/remove


* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 28,149
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 504
Message 10 of 10

Re: X1 Yoga - Vantage missing settings


@AlphaDog wrote:

@someotherguy wrote:

I see.  The issue I heard before is that it gets stuck at 95-97%.  Your screenshot shows that it is stuck at 0%, and also stuck trying to show the auto-update status (the spinning dots under "critical updates".  I haven't heard this issue before.  This seems like something wrong with Lenovo System Interface Foundation.  Did you try uninstall and reinstall that?  https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ch/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre-m-series-desktops/t...

 


Thanks, i have not tried this yet, but i will. I only did an uninstall via add/remove


This did the trick. Thanks for the link. Vantage now works too. 


* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum

Check out current deals!


Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors