Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HautHiker
Paper Tape
Views: 518
Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga - WIN key does not work for all combinations

The key combinations WIN+up (or +down, +left or +right) does nothing on my X1 Yoga (it should assign the app in focus to part of the screen). Likewise, WIN+D does nothing (it should minimize everything and display the Desktop). But my WIN key isn't broken. For example, WIN+A pulls up the Action Center. WIN+E launches the Windows Explorer. There are other WIN+ combos that work, such as WIN+L (locks the computer). 

So why don't they all work? 

Is there some weird, obscure setting somewhere that is causing this? 

============

EDIT: The "restore" button on the titlebar of all of my programs does nothing. Each Windows app that has a titlebar, has three buttons: minimize, restore, exit. If an app is maximized, clicking "restore" should put the app in a window sized somewhere smaller than maximum and bigger than hidden. On mine, it does nothing. I suspect that this is related.

HautHiker
Paper Tape
Views: 463
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga - WIN key does not work for all combinations

SOLVED: my X1 Yoga was in "Tablet Mode" (even though I was using it as a conventional laptop). When I turned off tablet mode (WIN+A, click the tablet mode tile) all of the above problems were fixed.

Thank you me for answering my question. ;-)
cyberspyder
Fanfold Paper
Views: 86
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga - WIN key does not work for all combinations

Hello,

I need some help, recently I had noticed a very frustrating problem with my Lenovo laptop that’s got me going crazy!

I have been to every link and to every “supposed” fix to no avail. My keyboard is not working correctly, to be more specific my Win-key and BACKSPACE keys have no functionality along with my T and U and the VOLUME UP keys!

I have to hook up a WIRELESS Bluetooth keyboard which works fine but it is very frustrating to not have the use of my main keyboard, like I stated I have been going to EVERY Link under the sun and all were no help!

Here is my setup:

my system.png

Lenovo yoga 12 running  WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 bit

And with all of the latest updates (the most recent of which was the 1903 update) which I’ve tried to do a ROLLBACK which didn’t fix the problem. I am really at my whit’s end and figured there are only two thing left to do, either re install windows which I refused To do and lose all my settings or to ask the community.

So that is what I’m doing.

DESPERATE,

Ron Freda

Admin note; released from spam filter, email adresses removed to prevent spambots gathering them

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors