Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Token Ring
Message 1 of 13 (58,040 Views)

X1 Yoga / Wacom driver 7.3.4.25 seems to be broken and brakes touch/pen functionality

Lenovo support site currently has version 7.3.4.25 of the Tablet driver. Windows Update seems to be pushing this same version out.

The Lenovo installer says installation failed. It does not provide any other reason.

Windows Update has tried to install this daily for the last few days for me, without success, and always reporting an error code. Among others, Error 0x800f0234.

While not being able to update the driver is usually not a problem, this process has completely broken the pen and touch functionality of the X1 Yoga. Neither works. Device is recognized as an unknown device. Driver updates do not work, and there is no driver rollback option available. Removing the device and having it detected again does not solve the problem.

I found a direct link to Wacom drivers here in the forums in another topic. I downloaded tablet driver 7.3.4.28, which installed correctly and is now working again.

Wacom drivers: http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/

(I picked up the link in the following post: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-X1-Yoga-Battery/m-p/3615803)

Lenard
Lenovo INsider
@lenardg

Token Ring
Message 2 of 13 (57,988 Views)

Re: X1 Yoga / Wacom driver 7.3.4.25 seems to be broken and brakes touch/pen functionality

I have seen at least one other person who fell victim to this: Windows Update started installing this update automatically for her X1 Yoga. It failed to install, after which touch and pen functionality is completely disabled in Windows.

Opening Device Manager shows an unknown device in the system, which is the Wacom device without the driver.
Lenard
Lenovo INsider
@lenardg

What's DOS?
Message 3 of 13 (57,839 Views)

Re: X1 Yoga / Wacom driver 7.3.4.25 seems to be broken and brakes touch/pen functionality

Thank you so much! My problems were exactly as you described. I installed the driver found at the link you posted. Now my laptop's touchscreen/pen functionality is working as before.
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 13 (57,823 Views)

OMG you rock! This happened to me and I was so frustrated trying to figure out what happened. I installed the 7.3.4.28 version that you found and it works! Thanks so much, I know you must have spent a lot of time and effort troubleshooting this. Thank you thank you thank you!

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 13 (57,460 Views)

Thank you so much. Now my touch screen works!

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 13 (57,264 Views)

This works. Spent 2 hours on the web trying to fix this last night before coming to this forum. Many thanks.
Blue Screen Again
Message 7 of 13 (56,671 Views)

Thank you for the driver lnk. I found you by chance, mostly, after hours lost running useless diagnostics. If Lenovo tech identifies this as a widely experience failure, would it not be in everyone's interest for them to be pro-active in the Lenovo Solution Center? Issues like this will steer me toward buying  a product with a better-managed support system next time around. This issue: poor support, Lenovo "Solution" Center.

Paper Tape
Message 8 of 13 (56,625 Views)

I had this same problem, and your solution worked.  Thank you!

Paper Tape
Message 9 of 13 (56,530 Views)

Thank you very much. This solved my problme, too.

Lenovo Support Partner
Message 10 of 13 (56,375 Views)

thank you, lenard, it's work well now
Top Kudoed Authors