Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calinca00
Paper Tape
Views: 1,354
Message 1 of 2

X1 Yoga Wifi Connecting problems

Hi  

My Wifi conneciton keeps dropping, it's not related to the router, as I have other computers and devices connect, also it happend with diferent wifi conections and routers.

The connection just drops and then they cannot detect the any network for a very long time. I've restarted my computer to try and solve this but this doesn't always solve the immediate problem, it happends randomly, sometimes 3 to 4 time in a hour, then ok for a couple of hours. 

I've realized also that sometimes when I'm working, even that on the task bar it doest show, when I press the notification setting on the taskbar I get that the flight mode is on, with bluetooht and wifi even though it's not??

I have lenovo solution center and lenovo companion intallled and apparentely all the lastest drivers.

So is there a solution for this, or is my computer just fautly and needs to be returned??

Thank you for your help

ekingxxx700
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,339
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Yoga Wifi Connecting problems

Hello 

Not sure if you have this issue resolved or not. I had the same problem with my x1 Carbon 2nd gen around the same time as you posted this. I tested with a USB wifi Dongle and the connection was much better. 

Of cause I did similar things as uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, resetting NIC, etc  but nothing worked. 
Until I completely uninstalled Lenovo applications. I then downloaded the latest version of Lenovo Companion and using that, I ran system software update, which downloaded all the updated drivers, software and firmware for my lappy. Since then everything has been working fine.

Top Kudoed Authors