Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thinkpad_X
Fanfold Paper
Views: 428
Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga Win10 Pro Finger Scanner

I order this laptop with Win7 Pro pre-installed, and after few weeks tried out, I deceided upgrade to Win10.

few problem I've encountered so far, but most of the issues are due to driver, but the finger scanner isn't always working when I resume my use, only work while the full reboot.

now I'm looking for two ways to solve thise issue.

one, is there any driver update can fix the problem ?

two, can I download the Win10 Pro recovery disc from Lenovo website ? I would like start from scratch .....

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 404
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga Win10 Pro Finger Scanner

I do not thing that Lenovo would have Windows 10 reinstallation media for you model unless it shipped with Windows 10, but you can check here to find out.    https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht035659

The latest Synaptics driver for your Lenovo is   5.0.88.04 dated 1/17/2016

Note:  This seems to be a problem affecting other laptop vendors as well, but you might try a couple of things to see if its helps

Disable power management for Validity Sensors

• Right Click on Start and select Device Manager
  • Double click on Biometric Devices and then right click on Validity Sensors and select Properties
  • Open the Power Management tab, and uncheck the box for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

Reboot and test to see if the fingerprint scanner now works on restart, but if not, re-check the box above and then try the following,

Configure "Credential Manager" service to Start Automatically

• Click on Start > Run and type:   Services.msc and press Enter
  • In the resulting Services window, locate the service called Credential Manager, double click on it to open, and then change the value listed next to Startup Type: from "Manual" to Automatic
  • Reboot and test to see if the problem is resolved, But if not go back and set the service back to manual. 

Start and Stop the Credential Manager service after restart

• Click on Start > Run and type:   Services.msc and press Enter
  • In the resulting Services window, locate the service called Credential Manager, double click on it to open the  service Properties.
  • Click on the Stop Button to stop the service, wait for it to stop, and then click on Start to restart the service
  • Close the window.

Test Again.

If stopping and restarting the service after you boot up solves the issue, then it would be possible to create a script/batch file that could be scheduled to do that automatically on restart or logon etc. using Windows Task Scheduler, so let me know know howthe testing goes.

Good luck 

thinkpad_X
Fanfold Paper
Views: 398
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga Win10 Pro Finger Scanner

thanks for the reply, I've only seen "Synaptics WBDI" under Bio ....

and the funny thing is ..... I think it was fine before I update the driver .... yet, there was other issue before the update ..... 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors