Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jlmiller35
Serial Port
Views: 1,745
Message 1 of 9

X1 Yoga & Display Driver Issues

The video performance of the X1 Yoga is horrible.  Connected to the OneLink+ dock, and driving two external monitors as well as the X1 screen, edits made in Microsoft Excel take 5 to 10 seconds to roll across spreadsheets, even on relatively small (5MB) workbooks.  Additionally, video resolution on external monnitors doesn't support the default resolution for them.  Instead, resolution is lower, making everything larger than needed.

Are these knoiwn video driver issues?  Is a fix in the works?

lenardg
802.11n
Views: 1,719
Message 2 of 9

Re: X1 Yoga & Display Driver Issues

I use the X1 Yoga with two external displays (1920x1200), and have no problems whatsoever. 

Do you try to use 4K displays by any chance? Running 2x 4K displays plus the Yoga's own screen is not possible at the same time, even with the OneLink+ (as far as I know), which could explain why you get lower than native resolution.

As for the performance problem in Excel, I cannot really explain it. Is it just a display issue? If you disconnect your notebook from the OneLink+ dock and do the same thing on the notebook screen, does it still lag, or does it work better? 

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52 | X1 Yoga (1st)(2nd) | Legion Y530
jlmiller35
Serial Port
Views: 1,681
Message 3 of 9

Neither of the external displays is 4K.  They're daisy-chained through one of the DisplayPorts on the dock.  Looking at tech specs on Lenovo site, it looks like I shouldn't daisy-chain them.  May get better resolution if each is connected directly

jlmiller35
Serial Port
Views: 1,638
Message 4 of 9

Changing the displayport connections did nothing to improve video performance.  It is still poor, with long lags between file edits and their visibility on screen even on relatively small files.

lenardg
802.11n
Views: 1,623
Message 5 of 9

Could you check if the data update delay exists if you use the notebook disconnected from external displays, and viewing the data on the display of the notebook itself?

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
jlmiller35
Serial Port
Views: 1,609
Message 6 of 9

The delay exists on the laptop screen as well as on the external monitors.  Delay on the laptop continues whether connected to the dock or not.

jlmiller35
Serial Port
Views: 1,595
Message 7 of 9

Another issue arose today, when a notification popped up that the video drive stopped working.  The screen never flickered and never wnet dark, but the notice popped and then disappeared.

lenardg
802.11n
Views: 1,580
Message 8 of 9

The Intel driver crashes happen sometimes, it is not just an issue with Lenovo or ThinkPads. Luckily in Windows 10 it can recover from these, although it is annoying when it happens. 

As for the blackening screen, hopefully Lenovo can investigate your issue further, if the driver, firmware and BIOS update did not solve your problem.

jlmiller35
Serial Port
Views: 1,546
Message 9 of 9

The issue was a conflict between the video drive and DisplayLink driver.  Removal of the DisplayLink driver likely cured this issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors