Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnabel45
Fanfold Paper
Views: 970
Message 1 of 2

X1 Yoga and OneLink+ Dock Not Detecting External Monitors

I'm unable to get my X1 Yoga to detect external monitors when plugged into the OneLink+ dock. This started occuring when my computer upgraded to the creators update. I thought I found a thread of others with the same issue (linked below), but it turns out I was waiting for a fix that didn't apply to me. I'm super frustrated right now.

Stuff I've tried so far.

1. Updated all drivers using Lenovo Service Bridge (even optional drivers)

2. Installed the Fall Creators update preview (after being told it would fix the issue)

3. Completely reinstalled Windows

4. A Single VGA monitor

5. A Single Display Port Monitor

6. 6 different cables

At this point I'm convinced there's an issue with the dock. There's a firmware update available for it, but you can't install it unless it is actively connected to a monitor (go figure).  When attempting to install, I get the code 255 "Can't connect to Synaptics VMMxxxx DP hub IC"

If anyone has any sugestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. It used to work perfectly, then about the time I installed the creators update it started getting flaky, now I can't get it to work at all.

Previous thread I was following. Note that I'm linking to a post where they show the dock working (annoying).

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Windows-10-creator-update-breaks-Lenovo-...

cm6
Blue Screen Again
Views: 859
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Yoga and OneLink+ Dock Not Detecting External Monitors

Any luck thus far?

I have a similar problem in that I can't it to recognize any monitors.

Also, I don't even see the indicator light on the dock light up when it is connected to my X1 yoga. I have tried multiple docks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors