Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristianS1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,745
Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga (and Yoga 260) not waking from sleep

Hello,

we got 2x Try-and-Buy Lenovo Yoga Tablet Laptops (an X1 Yoga and a Yoga 260) to evaluate their suitability for our company, since we intend to upgrade several of our employees laptops. However, ever since we got the devices we noticed on both of them frequent issues with the display and waking from sleep. Very often the laptops won't wake up properly with the screen staying black. In those cases the display-backlight seems to turn on, and I assume the system is running somehow in the background. Putting the computer to sleep again (e.g. by closing the lid) makes the computer wake up properly on the second attempt.

Different error in the same category is when a video is running and the laptop is connected to AC - plugging out the AC cord made the screen go black while the media content's sound kept playing.

All drivers were updated to the newest version via Lenovo System Update 5.07.0029.

Any ideas? I also tried to open a support ticket, but Lenovo wanted to send and install a new display (!). Apparently, that seems like a driver/software issue?!

Best regards

ChristianS1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,588
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga (and Yoga 260) not waking from sleep

After ending up with an unresponsive touch screen (as far as I can say a result of Touch Firmware Update v4.19) on top of the wake-from-sleep issue I got frustrated and went through the process of reinstalling the whole system.

I used the reset procedure at startup to set the system back to factory settings. After factory reset the wake-from-sleep issue was gone. I applied pretty much all of the currently available updates via Lenovo System Update and everything still works as expected. Still strange that this issue was not solvable in any other way before...

Interesting effect: after factory reset the touch screen remained nonfunctional. After a couple of days without touch screen functionality the laptop eventually decided to detect the HID. I definitely did not apply any updates or any changes. "Miracle" is almost an understatement in this case!

borgdrone7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 831
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga (and Yoga 260) not waking from sleep

I can't believe reinstalling complete system is accepted as a solution. That is really beyond ridiculous. I thought Lenovo is serious company. I mean time I would waste doing that would cost more than laptop itself. If I am to do that, then I can as well buy new laptop (another brand of course) and install everything from scratch.

This is unbelivable, only way to wake from sleep is to hold shut down until it powers off and then hope that my data was saved before sleep. The laptop is basically completely unusable.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors