Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PimvdHoorn
Paper Tape
Views: 3,904
Message 1 of 10

X1 Yoga battery not detected

Since a few days I am facing the problem that my battery cannot be detected, which results in the system not being able to determine the amount of power left in the battery. I am using a X1 Yoga with 64-bit Windows 10 version 1709. I have already tried reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant driver. I also updated the Lenovo Companion app, disabled the battery in the BIOS and restarted the system. However nothing seems to work. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

ThinkBox
Token Ring
Views: 3,889
Message 2 of 10

Re: X1 Yoga battery not detected

1.  Disconnect the A/C power supply.
2.  Shut down the computer.
3.  Remove the battery
4.  Connect the A/C power supply
5.  Start the computer.
6.  Under Battery...  Control Panel, then System, then Device Driver, then Battery)
7.  Click on Battery (at the top), and then right click on all entries that say Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, and select uninstall.
8. Shut the computer down.
9. Disconnect the A/C power supply.
10. Insert the battery.
11. Insert the A/C power supply.
12. Start the computer.
13.  It should be fixed.....

240_F_115207580_US2etunH78I7iMYHOoNVvxQTCIdoPdRj.jpg

PimvdHoorn
Paper Tape
Views: 3,886
Message 3 of 10

I indeed found such solution strategies online. The problem is that I cannot remove the battery in this X1 Yoga laptop. Following the above steps without removing the battery doesn't seem to fix the issue. Do you have any other suggestions?
ThinkBox
Token Ring
Views: 3,885
Message 4 of 10

try to disable the battery in the bios....and this is it...power settings in the bios ..just disable the battery..and plug in after this the power cord...and all schould work fine after this,,

PimvdHoorn
Paper Tape
Views: 3,875
Message 5 of 10

Unfortunately I already tried this and it did not work.
ThinkBox
Token Ring
Views: 3,874
Message 6 of 10

then you have to remove the battery ..this is just one minute...and power on with the power cord...restart the windows..schutdown the system again,, and plug in the battery again..and all should be ok again ..

https://support.lenovo.com/de/de/solutions/pd104792

PimvdHoorn
Paper Tape
Views: 3,850
Message 7 of 10

Great, thanks for the help. I manually disconnected the battery and reconnected it and the problem seems to be resolved.
ThinkBox
Token Ring
Views: 3,844
Message 8 of 10

ea3dcff8ed8e8939d98c96b81f747623--happy-faces-smiley-faces.jpg

YogaUser11
What's DOS?
Views: 2,639
Message 9 of 10

Please help!    I spilled a little water on my keyboard but it was minimal so I read to unscrew the back and take the battery out so it doesn't short.   It turns out the battery is almost impossible to take out so I started to try and jiggle it and then left it there.

I let my computer dry overnight just in case anything was wet and the next day I turned the computer on.  Everything is working but I am getting the error battery not deteced.   I followed the steps in this thread to unplug the battery connector.    I did that and plug it back  in but it is still not working.   I also tried to uninstall battery drivers and reset bios to default.   None of this worked.

I Know the battery is working because when I boot up my X1 yoga without the power cord it still works.  The laptop also works when I have the power cord unplugged for extended amounts.   I am not good with hardware so please help!

Thanks.

Steelers
Paper Tape
Views: 843
Message 10 of 10

You don't have to remove the battery.  You can simply power down, unplug it, hold the power button for 30-40 seconds, reattach the battery and then power up.  This has taken care of the problem for me a few times already.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors