03-28-2017

US

9 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Yoga display will not duplicate

2018-10-16, 13:30 PM

I have a 3 Gen Yoga with Windows 10 pro I just got it. When I connect my HDMI cable for projecting the screen it will not detect the additional monitor to duplicate the screen.  I can however project an extended screen and "Second screen only"  I am desperate!  I teach and I need to project OneNote on a duplicate screen and use the  laptop screen to write on as I teach.

Options

641 Posts

07-20-2009

US

6209 Signins

23772 Page Views

• Views: 23772
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Yoga display will not duplicate

2018-10-16, 17:28 PM

wrote:

I have a 3 Gen Yoga with Windows 10 pro I just got it. When I connect my HDMI cable for projecting the screen it will not detect the additional monitor to duplicate the screen.  I can however project an extended screen and "Second screen only"  I am desperate!  I teach and I need to project OneNote on a duplicate screen and use the  laptop screen to write on as I teach.

Just to clarify, it does detect the second screen (since you can extend, and use second screen only), but it doesn't offer the 'duplicate' option? 

Here's someone that fixed it by switching to the generic MS display driver: 

https://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/54797-windows-10-no-longer-displaying-duplicate-screen-kind-urgent.html 

Hope it's as easy as that!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete