Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarai1
Paper Tape
Views: 327
Message 1 of 4

X1 Yoga does not wake up from sleeping stte with finger print swipe

I recently got an X1 Yoga and found that finger print sensor is not active while the system is in sleep state.  I need to wake up the X1 Yoga wih poewer button first, and wait for few seconds until the sensor become ready and swipe.

With my old system (Thinkpad T520), finger print sensor was active during sleep state (LED by the sensor was on while the system is in sleeping state) and I coudl wakeup the system with finger print swipe.  I checked if there's anything in the X1 Yoga BIOS setup, but I couldn't find anything.  Am I missing something or it's simply not possible with X1 Yoga?

meeotch
Fanfold Paper
Views: 170
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Yoga does not wake up from sleeping stte with finger print swipe

Did you ever solve this?  I'm pretty sure the X1 Carbon (5th gen) I was testing allows waking up from sleep via fingerprint, but the X1 Yoga (2nd gen) stays asleep unless I click the power button.  Which is a bit of a pain, given that it's tiny and requires a fingernail to click it.

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 168
Message 3 of 4

A few gererations ago ThinkPads lost the ability to power on via fingerprint.  That may have also affected wake from sleep.  I confess I haven't tested that - but I will.

All my current ThinkPads wil wake from sleep with a press of the Fn button ... if that helps.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

meeotch
Fanfold Paper
Views: 133
Message 4 of 4

Yep - Fn key seems to work. Good enough for me, I guess.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors