Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

12-28-2016

Canada

2 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga hangs on powerup if OneLink connected first

2016-12-28, 16:52 PM

If I connect my OneLink+ to my X1 Yoga BEFORE I power it on (cold, reboot or sleep) the computer hangs at the Lenovo splash.  To correct this I have to power the nb off, disconnect the OneLink and then power the nb back on.  Once the splash displays the "circle" please wait, I can re-connect it.

This is VERY agravating since I usually sleep my nb and this process effectivly cold boots the computer.  All the work I have setup is gone and I have to set it up again.  Also if the computer sleeped due to time outs and I foget to disconnect the OneLink - BOOM all my unsaved work is gone too.

I dont think its too much to expect that my docking station can be connected to my nb when it is starting up.

Can anyone offer a solution to this apparent design flaw?

Thanks

Options

12313 Posts

01-02-2010

United States of America

40495 Signins

427309 Page Views

• Views: 427309
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga hangs on powerup if OneLink connected first

2016-12-28, 17:20 PM

I don't have one of those machines to test, but I have a couple of questions that would help someone that has one try to recreate the problem.  Do you have the latest BIOS?  Is there an AC adapter connected to the dock?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Options

5 Posts

12-28-2016

Canada

2 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga hangs on powerup if OneLink connected first

2016-12-28, 18:00 PM

Bios: N1FET37W (1.11 ) Portable

Dock: yes powered.  I have seen other posts suggesting that the issue is related to my display port monitor and that I need to downgrade the OneLink firmware.  I would hope that Lenovo has already corrected this issue and there is an available firmware upgrade. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms