Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

03-30-2016

UK

30 Signins

302 Page Views

• Views: 302
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Yoga nightmare BSOD

2016-04-24, 13:32 PM

I received my X1 Yoga on 28 march through ATEA.com

From the start I had 5-10 daily freezes due to bad win8x screen driver on a win10.

I bought the best possible Lenovo warranty from ATEA.com, covering onsite repair & accidental damage.

But according to ATEA , the Lenovo warranty I paid ATEA for, was for some reason non-genuine/faulty.

So on 8 april ATEA started investigating the faulty Lenovo warranty, and asked me not to report any errors to Lenovo, before the faulty warranty was fixed.

Problem is my X1 Yoga is drowning in errors, and the Lenovo warranty is also on error - its like a bad joke :-)

So I have daily freezes, + the horribly and terrifying BSOD occuring 1-2 times per day.

I feel it is untrustworthy behavior by Lenovo & ATEA.com, to let a customer have several hours in downtime per day, for a whole month, with no alternative to the faulty warranty - other than investigating - and we are working hard to solve your problem ......... sounds like Lenovo & ATEA.com have a problem with their reputation and faulty warranties ........ faulty warranties should be Lenovo´s problem, and not the customers being stuck in transit for a whole month, with no support.

#BSOD #Lenovo #X1Yoga #ATEA

Options

19 Posts

03-30-2016

UK

30 Signins

302 Page Views

• Views: 302
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Yoga nightmare BSOD

2016-04-27, 14:51 PM

Lenovo used 2 days to analyze memory.dmp file on 700 mb. Conclusion is that it is not the responsebility of Lenovo ........... they are blaming win10. Even though BSOD says 2100: detection error on storage device (M.2), and laptop goes extremely hot before it crashes. Lenovo is sending win10 recovery disc within 3 days with no instructions, as it is the customers responsibilty to fix such a case ........

Crappy NVMe Samsung MZVKV512 drive ? quite obviously, but Lenovo won´t admit that ...........

I also tried to get onsite next business day repair on a damage in the cabinet, but Lenovo refused this service, even though I have onsite+accidental damage coverage. So the Lenovo warranty is a joke ....................

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms