Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NlBay
Paper Tape
Views: 1,135
Message 1 of 8

X1 Yoga not HDCP compliant

I have a 1st generation X1 Yoga and have been having trouble purchasing/downloading HD videos from iTunes.  The iTunes store displays an error every time I try, all related to non-compliance with HDCP.

This laptop certainly has the resolution so I'm not sure what the issue could be.  Based on (very) limited research, it seems as though perhaps the embedded DisplayPort (eDP) for the built-in laptop screen might be the culprit ...  When I run some of the Blu-Ray utilities, they say that the laptop does not have an HDCP-compliant display ...

I've already confirmed that the computer is fullly updated (both Windows and Lenovo drivers).

Wondering if anyone here has experienced something similar and what suggestion you all might have.

Thanks in advance!

Nir

NlBay
Paper Tape
Views: 1,095
Message 2 of 8

Re: X1 Yoga not HDCP compliant

Hi everyone, I was doing a bit more digging - is it possible that the embedded DisplayPort is causing the problem?  Trying to nail down whether this is a hardware issue (difficult to fix) or a software one (hopefully easier to deal with).

Thanks again!

Chris_Stark
What's DOS?
Views: 1,069
Message 3 of 8

I'm having the same problem.  This is crazy.  I have updated all my drivers including the display and video card drivers.  still doesn't work.  Have you found the solution.

NlBay
Paper Tape
Views: 1,040
Message 4 of 8

I ran the ArcSoft HDCP compatbility tool and it says that my connector is "analog" and "not HDCP-compliant" ... not sure how to interpret that ... I thought that eDP was a digital connection?

Would be really nice if someone from Lenovo could chip in and add some clarity here ... are these laptops in fact not HDCP compliant??

Unfortunately, Lenovo support is seemingly non-existent ...

NlBay
Paper Tape
Views: 1,023
Message 5 of 8

OK, so I was finally able to get it to work ...

I tried manually installing updated drivers from Intel but it didn't work ... kept telling me that my installed drivers were newer.

So, I created a restore point and manually deleted the Intel HD 520 drivers, restarted the computer and manually installed the latest drivers from Intel (NOT Lenovo).

Another reboot, loaded iTunes and... it worked!  Now watching HD movie with no HDCP issues!!

Chris_Stark
What's DOS?
Views: 992
Message 6 of 8

my computer is telling me that the driver is not validated for my computer and I'm supposed to use the drivers from the computer manufacturer.  I suppose I should just ignore that.  

One question if you could please answer.  How did you manually uninstall the current HD 520 driver?

NlBay
Paper Tape
Views: 991
Message 7 of 8

Hey!

Yes, I ignored those notices about the drivers not being validated, contact your manufacturer, etc.

I followed the instructions here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

Then follow the instructions for manually installing your graphics driver here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

Note that I have Windows 10 and can confirm that the instructions here worked for me.  YMMV.  To be safe, I created a Restore Point before attempting any of this.

Good luck!

Chris_Stark
What's DOS?
Views: 975
Message 8 of 8

IT WORKED!!!!  Thanks so much for your help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors