Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrHudson
What's DOS?
Views: 3,944
Message 1 of 6

X1 Yoga problem after Conexant audio driver update

I recently updated the Conexant audio driver to the newest version released on about June 1 using System Update. After the update which all went fine I began noticing that if I left my machine for more than about 30 seconds without it making a sound, the next time a sound was to be played it would take about 5 to 10 seconds to come out of something that seemed like a sleep mode. In other words if I pressed play on a sound file or caused any system sound it would miss the first 10 or so seconds. This did not happen before the update. I used the device manager to roll back the driver and the old driver does not exhibit this problem. I would just leave it on that old driver but the sound is terrible since it seems that the Dolby software is not available for me to tweak the sounds after the rollback.

I then reinstalled the new driver and the dolby panel is back but so is the delay after a period of inactivity.

This would be nuisance enough but since I am blind, I rely on the sound card for my speech system. Any ideas are welcomed. I could not find any settings about power or sleep in the audio driver panels so I am at a loss. Is there a way to get the driver and Dolby software package that was on the machine before the latest update ran? 

kostasls
Punch Card
Views: 3,801
Message 2 of 6

Re: X1 Yoga problem after Conexant audio driver update

I had exactly the same issue as you with the delay in sound.  Cannot check for any solution though.

Unfortunately, since a couple of days ago my x1 yoga no longer works! I get error 2100, windows don't load, and cannot install them again. 

Former Employee
Views: 3,745
Message 3 of 6

In response to customer reports that X1 Carbon (type 20FB and 20FC), X1 Yoga (type 20FQ and 20FR), and Yoga 260 (type 20FD, 20FE, 20GS, and 20GT) systems experience audio delays when running Conexant Audio Driver version 8.66.36.00, Lenovo has removed this driver and made the previous version, v.8.66.27.58, available.

The earlier version of the audio driver can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-X-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-X1-...

Lenovo will release an updated audio driver by the end of June. Once available, it will be found at the same link posted above.

Thank you,

Former Employee
Views: 3,662
Message 4 of 6

Lenovo has provided a permanent solution for customers with ThinkPad X1 Carbon (Types: 20FB, 20FC), X1 Yoga (Types: 20FQ, 20FR), and Yoga 260 (Types: 20FD, 20FE, 20GS, 20GT) systems experiencing audio delays by providing an updated audio driver.

Summary of Changes

<8.66.36.10>

- (Fix) Fixed an issue where no sound was output for few seconds when playing audio from idle state

Conexant Audio Driver, v8.66.36.10, can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-X-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-X1-...

Thank you,

BrianR1
Paper Tape
Views: 3,426
Message 5 of 6

Help, please!  I have this exact same problem with my brand new Thinkpad E560 running  Windows 10 Pro.   Did several Lenovo-recommended updates from Lenovo companion on 9/12/16, one of which was updating the Conexant SmartAudio HD driver to version 8.66.36.53.   Was having absolutely no problems before with the original driver but now have this exact same problem of the sound  delay for a few second when starting up or coming  out of idle.  Can you please make the earlier driver available as you did for the X1 Yoga and/or post a permanent  solution for the E560?  Thanks so  much.

BrianR1
Paper Tape
Views: 3,338
Message 6 of 6

Hi Amy, you seem to have been extremely helpful with gettting this solved for the X1 Yoga.  Any way  you can help us out with the exact same problem with the Thinkpad E560? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E560-sound-delay-problem-after-conexant...

Thanks so much.

Top Kudoed Authors