cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X1penuser
Not applicable
Views: 342
Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga touch screen and pen input stopped working after BIOS and firmware update

Lenovo automatically installed a BIOS (1.39) and firmware update in November.  Lenovo Vantage says these updates were completed successfully. The touchscreen and pen stopped worked after that.  Windows doesn't recognize the pen or touch input anymore.  Firmware tool says "device not found".   Latest BIOS update (1.40) and Windows update in December didn't help. 

joejoejoehk
Not applicable
Views: 279
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga touch screen and pen input stopped working after BIOS and firmware update

I've the same problem too. my machine type is  20FQCTO1WW and my touchscreen has been stopped working since 1.37 bios or so.. can't work for 1-2 months already.. any fix?

Julian_02
Not applicable
Views: 214
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga touch screen and pen input stopped working after BIOS and firmware update

My X1 Yoga touch screen stopped working too after BIOS(V1.40), Touch firmware(V4.20) update. My Win 10 is still at ver 1803.
I downgraded BIOS. But that doesn't help. Can't find a way to downgrade touch firmware.
@Lenovo, any solution? Obviously, I am not the only victim. It is ridiculous that your recommended update will cause such trouble.
In other thread, someone mentioned to replace screen. Really? The new update caused hardware damage?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors