Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenvander
Paper Tape
Views: 1,806
Message 1 of 6

X1 Yoga touchscreen stopped working, again with Windows update

This seems to happen whenever a Windows update goes out, and I have to wait for Lenovo to provide firmware/bios/driver updates that fix the problem.  I have to say that this recurring bad experience will weigh heavily into my next purchasing decision.  I paid a lot extra for a touchscreen that breaks with every Windows update, and the wait for a fix is often quite long.

What is the ETA for this next round of fixes from Lenovo?

jenvander
Paper Tape
Views: 1,740
Message 2 of 6

Re: X1 Yoga touchscreen stopped working, again with Windows update

Well, the lack of response from any Lenovo personnel is disappointing.  This is yet another nail in the coffin of Lenovo quality and support, and why I gave such a low rating in the survey.  I guess I'll put in a service request since my laptop is still under warranty.  Can't say I didn't give the forums a chance :-/ 

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,708
Message 3 of 6

Sorry for this trouble with your touch screen.  Can you please clarify if you are using windows 7 or Windows 10?

Also, when the touchscreen stops working, can you please look in Device Manager to see if there are any errors or devices marked as non-working?

jenvander
Paper Tape
Views: 1,682
Message 4 of 6

I'll get this information to you today -- as I recall, that's the essence of where the problem was last time, and the Lenovo firmware/bios/drivers update fixed it that time.

jenvander
Paper Tape
Views: 1,676
Message 5 of 6

Hi!  It is Windows 10, and I looked at the device drivers for the HID devices.  There was one driver with a warning on it, asking me to reinstall drivers.  So, this was different than the last time.  I clicked "reinstall drivers", had it look up drivers automatically, and it found them installed them, and worked (without even a reboot).  Whoa, never had it work this smoothly before, always required firmware/etc... in the past.  Hopefully, this is the worst I see from now on with Windows updates ;-)

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,672
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for your information and sorry for this trouble.  There was a problem with Windows Update where it made the touchscreen stop working, but as far as we know, this problem was fixed about 3 weeks ago.  I'm not sure why the fix wasn't automatically applied to your system, but I'm glad you were able to fix it.  Please let me know if this same problem happens again on your PC and we will dig into it some more.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors