Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulsoncall
Paper Tape
Views: 429
Message 1 of 4

X1 Yoga w/ Dual ThinkVision P24h-10 23.8 Inch Wide QHD IPS Monitors

I just recently connected dual TV P24 IPS monitors to my X1 Yoga (2nd Gen). The monitors are capable of displaying 2560x1440 rez. I have them both connected to the USB-C dock via display port.  One of the monitors displays fine, but the other won't display more than  1920x1080 and even then it continuously flickers. I've tried updating drivers, changing cables, etc.  Is the X1 Yoga not capable of outputting that resolution to both displays at the same time?

Gerd-wd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 378
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Yoga w/ Dual ThinkVision P24h-10 23.8 Inch Wide QHD IPS Monitors

Two monitors 2560x1440 can be done on X1 Yoga 2nd gen. - I have this running on my desk.  I have used the older USB3 Dock and now use the Ultra Dock - they have a USB3 connector to the Yoga machine.  Works on both, and, I run Win10, but I am sure it will run on Win7 or 8 as well - I have used the same monitors with a X1carbon 1st Gen.

It seems to be though, that Win10 does not properly identify the monitor resolution through the Dock.  on fist connect, two identical monitors were identified with different resolutions - one ok with 2560x1440, the second with 1920x1080.. weird.  I had to manally change the resolution to correct it.  works fine since on reconnects.

Note that in case WIN10 does not offer the correct resolution in dropdown menue under Display settings, you can edit with the help of the Intel Graphics settings tool  "Intel HD Graphics control Panel" available to the right mouseclick into the desktop  a "custom resolution" and save it. You have to remember to reboot the machine after saving - there will be no reminder for that mandatory reboot. Use this tool to create the missing resolutions to your drop down list (save - reboot)  - then you can manually change to resolutions not available before by WIN10 in the display resolution dropdown list. There is a pop-up disclaimer about stability.. but this was the necessary and viable work around for me. 

Maybe this helps.

Gerd

paulsoncall
Paper Tape
Views: 344
Message 3 of 4

This is odd. I created a custom resolution, but within the Intel Grpahics application it still doesn't allow me to select anything beyond 1920x1080.
Gerd-wd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 290
Message 4 of 4

This might be a monitor signal cable issue. Older HDMI cables do not allow the OS to properly recognize the monitor. Get an updated HDMI cable with v. 1.2 or so status.  These new cables look exactly like the older ones.. cool.

Then:  Win10 only offers resolutions in pull down menue which are applicable to the recognized monitor - no proper recognition - no option for higher resolutions....

Once you have the proper cable attached to the monitor, the OS will properly recognize the resolution for the monitor and then automatically set it as default and also have this new resolution as an option in the pulldown list of resolutions and in the display adapter "list all modes" list.

Opens a lot of room for "my computer has a defect" contacts to Lenovo or other manufacturer. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors