Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfosseli
Token Ring
Views: 495
Message 1 of 5

X1 Yoga windows 10 - Wakes up to black screen... sometimes

This is an annoying problem I've had since I got this machine a few months ago.

Problem is not that the machine does not wake up. Because it does. It just "forgets" to turn on the display, (fans and lights are all working)

When connected to the dock or an external display I never have this problem. But sometimes when waking up alone the screen is black. 

Yes that’s right “SOMETIMES”. It’s only every 2nd or 3ed wakeup so its not consistent and therefore hard to trouble shoot.

I found a workaround to wake it up...

I found that if I manipulate the gyroscope/accelerometer to change the screen rotation it wakes up the screen.

If you have a Yoga, fold it to tablet/display mode and place it in portrait mode..

So I think the problem is with the gyroscope. I have read that many models with tablet mode and win 10 has this issue.

Is this a known problem, is there a permanent fix for this?

brannonz
What's DOS?
Views: 245
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Yoga windows 10 - Wakes up to black screen... sometimes

Same issue here. X1 Yoga, Windows 10. Latest video drivers, system firmware, etc.

AtiX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 218
Message 3 of 5

Can confirm - I have the same issue (X1 Yoga 2nd gen, Windows 10, all recent updates installed)

lukeflegg
Paper Tape
Views: 75
Message 4 of 5

Same issue.

I finally fixed mine by completely uninstalling the display driver, restarting, reinstalling driver.

tfosseli
Token Ring
Views: 63
Message 5 of 5

Realize i never gave the solution to this. 

Problem is that Windows thinks he knows better what drivers to run on the IntelHD graphics. But the driver assigned by Lenovo works better. (Or just works in this case, the windows one just brakes it.)

Just uninstall all drivers for the graphics card and download Lenovos Drivers.

Quick link for you: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

Make shure to not install windows optional graphics drivers in the future. Should fix it.

Also make shure to update your bios which i also did. Might also have something to do with it but i can't confirm. In general use Lenovo Vantage instaid of windows update for drivers.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-vantage/9wzdncrfj4mv?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors