Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 1 of 8 (1,637 Views)

X1 Yoga with OneLink+ Dock: Doesn't boot with some USB devices

Hi.

I have an older external monitor with touch screen functionality that works over USB. Whenever the USB is connected to the OneLink+ dock, my X1 Yoga gets stuck at the "Lenovo" splash screen on red background and doesn't proceed to boot. Booting and the touch screen both work fine when I plug in either the USB or the whole dock after boot.

I know other users have had this issue, but it seems upgrading the firmware fixed it for them, which didn't work for me (firmware V2.33.000). Anything else I could try?

Former Employee
Message 2 of 8 (1,522 Views)

Re: X1 Yoga with OneLink+ Dock: Doesn't boot with some USB devices

X1_yoga,

What BIOS version are you running? There was a fix included in v.21 which resolved the issue you describe:

<1.21>

UEFI: 1.21 / ECP: 1.14

- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the computer might not boot when keyboard with USB

hub is attached to USB2.0 port of ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock.

- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the boot is paused for more than seconds when

specific USB device is attached to the computer.

- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the computer might not boot when attaching to USB3.0 Hub

on ThinkVision T2224z Monitor.

Thank you,

Punch Card
Message 3 of 8 (1,499 Views)

Hi,

BIOS version is 1.23. Still doesn't work...
Lenovo Employee
Message 4 of 8 (1,450 Views)

Hi,

Do you still see the symptom when you detach the USB cable but attach the Display cable to the onelink+ dock?

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 8 (1,228 Views)

Hi, I'm having the same problem, but only if the USB cable is attached. I've connected a Thinkvision X1 Screen via USB C to USB A cable to use the built-in webcam. Video is connected via DP. All Lenovo Driver and Bios updates are installed.

Fanfold Paper
Message 6 of 8 (1,097 Views)

Did you ever find a solution to this? We have over 500 of these X1 Yoga 1st Gen laptops and if connected to the OneLink+ Dock with any USB device (monitor, bluetooth dongle, keyboard etc) it will fail to pass the Lenovo splash screen at boot. Only way to progress is to undock and reboot. We have tested with the latest bios 1.31 and still it will not work. 

Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 8 (1,079 Views)

I'm sure I've found a solution. In the bios go to Configure, then USB, then Disable USB UEFI...

This seems to resolve the issue for the machines we have tested with. 

Punch Card
Message 8 of 8 (1,035 Views)

Thanks, this actually does the trick. However, if you're booting from flash drives a lot it will be annoying to always change this setting. I'm still hoping for a permanent fix by Lenovo.

For quite a while, my machine has actually begun to pass the Lenovo splash screen, only to get stuck with a black screen afterwards with a flashing white cursor in the top left. This not only happened with the touch screen monitor USB cable attached to the Dock, but also with the receiver of a new wireless mouse that I always kept plugged in the laptop, not the Dock (but only when the Dock was attached at the same time). So the Dock seems to change the behaviour of all USB ports, even the ones on the laptop.

Top kudoed Authors