Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nanis
Paper Tape
Views: 194
Message 1 of 2

X1 carbon 6 freezes at lenovo logo and won't boot

Hi,

I have just received a Lenovo X1 carbon 6, last month. Based on the sticker at the back of  the notebook, it shows 19/01.  It was working fine and all of a sudden, it won't boot 2 days ago.

I tried to boot to BIOS, UEFI and both hangs at the lenovo logo.  CTRL-ALT-DEL will reboot the machine but it will get stuck at the lenovo logo again.

I sent the notebook to a certified Lenovo partner for a check.  Battery was removed and the reset was pressed.  Notebook is still stuck at lenovo logo when powering up with just the power adapter.

However, when the SSD harddisk is removed, the notebook is able to boot up to BIOS.    The SSD hdd is FRU:00UP706 and the date shows 21Dec2018.   Has anyone else encountered this issue or is it just my luck? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 128
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 carbon 6 freezes at lenovo logo and won't boot

Hi nanis!

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

We're reaching out to know if you have this fixed. It's possible the SSD cable or the SSD itself is defective. Issues may happen at any point of time. We advise having the SSD checked or have it replaced. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors