Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manni99
Paper Tape
Views: 128
Message 1 of 4

X1 carbon 7th gen

Hi all

Moving from MBP to the x1 carbon, arrives later this week.

Question is can I connect to my LG monitors via USB c...without a dock. And potentially connect to dual lg monitors via usb c? All without a dock. 

If this is so, can I close the lid of the laptop when connected via usb c like tou could with the MBP

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 87
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 carbon 7th gen

Hello and welcome,

I don't have one, but looking at the base spec and the UG the X1C7 has two USB-C ports.  One of them is used as the laptops power in port, leaving only one available for external devices - unless running on battery.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_X1_Carbon_7th_Gen/ThinkPad_X1_Carbon_7th_G...

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/x1yoga_x1carbon_ug_v1_en.pdf

FWIW,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Manni99
Paper Tape
Views: 81
Message 3 of 4

Thanks...so the only option is a dock to connect 2 monitors?...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 77
Message 4 of 4

@Manni99 wrote:

Thanks...so the only option is a dock to connect 2 monitors?...

That's my reading of it - unless your monitor(s) provide power to the attached laptop.  It's my understanding that some do.

This is above my pay grade.  No experience, so I'll leave it to others here to (hopefully) offer suggestions.

My intent was to give you a heads-up about the lack of a separate power in port on your laptop.

Sorry I can't be more informative,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors