Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-05-2015

United States

8 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1 of 1

X1 carbon (Type 20BS) USB ports stop working with Window 10

2015-08-16, 21:28 PM

Both of my USB ports are not working after upgrading to Windows 10. I tried them with thumb drive and USB mouse, both can be found as connected device, but indicates missing driver. Both devices can work properly on other machines. Bios and all the drivers are all updated to the latest version. Lenovo Download page has USB3.0 driver for windows 7 and 8.1 only, nothing for Windows 10. 

I called technical support, but it was not helpful at all. They just checked update using Lenovo Companion and went to the Download page to look for driver, which I have done myself before calling them. And the only suggestion I got is to downgrade to Windows 8. It is clearly that Lenovo should release USB3.0 driver for Windows 10. I asked the technical support person if there is anyway to report this issue to Lenovo to releasea new driver. I was surprised that he seems to have no access to provide feedback to Lenovo, and I was told filled up the "website satisfaction survey" to report this myself. 

Since this is a 3rd Gen machine bought just 3 month ago, and I see this machine is now sale with Windows 10 installed, I don't think it should be unsupportive to Windows 10. Please let me know if there is a better place to report this or get help with this issue.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms