Hong Kong

7 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 1 of 3

X1 carbon adaptive keyboard cannot switch into other mode

2014-07-26, 5:26 AM

Hi,

I don't know why my new x1 carbon cannot switch into other mode such as web browser suddenly.

It just maintain on the Function mode, which is only show the F1-F12, keyboard setting, etc.

All keys of the Function mode still work. The only problem is cannot switch into other mode.

Options

2 Posts

07-26-2014

Hong Kong

7 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 carbon adaptive keyboard cannot switch into other mode

2014-07-26, 15:59 PM

Also, I found that if I logout I can switch into the Home mode.

Can anyone help me to fix this? Thanks a lot

Options

1 Posts

12-28-2019

US

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 carbon adaptive keyboard cannot switch into other mode

2019-12-28, 7:13 AM

I am having the same issue of not being able to swtich between modes on the adaptive keyboard.

History:

* laptop came with windows 8.1 - adaptive keyboard was never stable - sometime i cold switch modes other times i could not - restating machine seemed to fix it until the next time i logged out - then it was sparatic again on the next login.

* recently my company suggested that any home laptops accessing our internal systems (login via VPN) would requrie latest versions of Browser, office and windows.

* after upgrading to office 19 and windows 10, the adaptive keyboard did not function at all. I ran the lenovo driver toolkit to insure i had the latest drives, etc... still not working.

* i then downloaded the hotkey driver install - r0yvu28w.exe. after running this setup and restarting, i am able to switch between 2 modes - function and the mode that has volume/brightness controls and these seem work - i am not able to swtich to any other mode, nor does the SETUP option oin function mode work!

* upon loggin out and relogging in, adaptive keyboard reverts to function mode and i cannot swtich to ANY other mode. i then rerun the setup above and again i get 2 modes only, but stops working upon restart or reloggin.

suggestions ???

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save