cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeMantis
What's DOS?
Views: 546
Message 1 of 3

X1 extreme: battery not charging (plugged in not charging)

So at random, the laptop will stop charging and simply says 'plugged in, not charging'. Are there more permanent solutions than going into BIOS and disabling built-in battery? I'd hate for this to be a returning issue (this is the 2nd time this occurs).

Thanks for any suggestions! I've browsed the fora and know also of some other solutions, but I'm not satisfied with having to solve something like this more than once. What if I don't notice it, and someday have to run out with 40% battery left? Not desirable, specially given the price of these laptops.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 488
Message 2 of 3

Re:

Hello and Welcome to Lenovo Forums!

Have you tried he troubleshooting steps found here https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht103159 ?

Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

victorva
Paper Tape
Views: 390
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 extreme: battery not charging (plugged in not charging)

I have the same problem, battery not charging. (plug not charged)

Other things that is a concern is that it was connected to power dropped to 95% stayed around a week at this level and droped now to 92%.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors