Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vaal1977
Paper Tape
Views: 482
Message 121 of 146

Re: X1 extreme screen lag on "second screen only"

Installed the updated driver this morning and until now (7 hours later) no issues found, so looks promising.

Please note you'll have to set the BIOS back to "hybrid", otherwise the driver won't install (error "Operating system version not supported").

Vadrigar
Punch Card
Views: 418
Message 122 of 146

I've also installed the driver on my X1 Extreme Gen1 (the driver linked is in the Gen2 section, but since the Gen1 also uses an Intel 630 iGPU I gave it a shot anyway). Installation went without problems and so far it looks promising.

I'll keep an eye on it the next few days and report back if that update helped.

al2k
Paper Tape
Views: 398
Message 123 of 146

Could it be? The README.txt shows that this patch does target the second screen lag.....
CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE

Version 26.20.100.7529

[Important updates]
 Nothing.

[New functions or enhancements]
 Nothing.

[Problem fixes]
 - Fixed an issue where there is lag when drag app interface under Second Screen
   Only mode.
joloriquelme
Fanfold Paper
Views: 394
Message 124 of 146

Reinstalled latest version. Problem solved for me at this moment.

cgli
Fanfold Paper
Views: 374
Message 125 of 146

Just updated the driver. I found the stuttering problem stopped, but not completely solved.

but when the lid is closed all the external displays (I have 2) stuck in 30hz.

BUT when you open the lid, all of them becomes 60hz again....

My Setup:

Thinkpad Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock

Display 1: LG 4k Monitor 27UL650

Display 2: LG 4k Monitor 27UL650

FAST STARTUP: DISABLED.

NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD Lenovo

cgli
Fanfold Paper
Views: 366
Message 126 of 146

This update still has problem, the 2 external displays are locked to 30hz when the lid is closed(external only mode), but when you the open the lid (and also use the internal display) it goes back to 60hz again. 

Admin note: seems like a different issue. To avoid confusing issues please start a new topic.

Highlighted
al2k
Paper Tape
Views: 356
Message 127 of 146

Latest driver installed - appeared to have solved it, but no. Freezes for a second or two, then smooth, then freezes (rinse and repeat).

Aviska88
Paper Tape
Views: 331
Message 128 of 146

May i suggest you run this tool (Display Driver Uninstall) -- You need to run it in safe mode

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v18020-released

Then re-install the latest Intel and Nvidia drivers from the Lenovo website.

yaokong
Fanfold Paper
Views: 282
Message 129 of 146

@all who have installed the latest Intel display driver (version 26.20.100.7529):

Launch Chrome or Brave or Edge Dev/Beta or even Firefox and switch to extended desktop mode and then run YouTube on the built-in screen, right click on the video and turn on "stats for nerds" and check dropped frames (even for 720p videos, not just 1080p and above), move the mouse pointer over the video and check again. Now move the window over to an external screen and check dropped frames again. Lots of dropped frames on my end. Also, the video and audio are out of sync most of the time on the built-in screen. Moving the browser window to the external screen and they are in sync again.

Seriously, what's going on? Is it normal that the built-in GPU cannot even handle a YouTube video at 720p?

Update: I did the same tests using pre-2019 Edge (not the Chromium-based new version) and the video plays just fine even in 4K, there are no dropped frames and everything is in sync.

MichaelR2D2
Punch Card
Views: 171
Message 130 of 146

In chrome there is a bug if you enable/disable discrete only mode in the BIOS. This will either make chrome have a black screen or chrome will use CPU only to render. Before enabling disabling discrete only in bios you first have to uninstall chrome. Luckily after reinstalling chrome all cookies/saved form/passwords are still available.

Also see

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/9414172?hl=en

So don't post test results from chrome if you haven't reinstalled chrome while you did some testing with the BIOS discrete only mode.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors