Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgli
Paper Tape
Views: 645
Message 41 of 99

Re: X1 extreme screen lag on "second screen only"

Hi, do you also encounter warm color and flashy screen when turning on Windows HD Color on your X1 Extreme Screeen in settings?
ToniV
Paper Tape
Views: 574
Message 42 of 99

This is my sad story. (Short version)
I bought the X1 Extreme Gen2 3 weeks ago. I bought it together with 2 TB3 ds Gen2 230w in order to use it only on external display at home and office. 

The configuration of my X1 is: I7,1TB ssd, 32Gb, GF 1650. So, we are talking about a top configuration of this product.

From that moment until yesterday I done all updates from Microsoft, Lenovo (including for TP3) and from Nvidia. I set discreet mode in bios also. Anyway, at the end of day ... meaning today... I can't use external display throught TP3 and from the moment when I push the TB power button until the moment when I see the image on the external display it takes between 20 and 45 seconds depending the previous power state. But, I can't use it for another 10 sec because the display blinks twice and the system is hardly responsive in this interval.

I never had some kind of issues with another premium laptops.

So, thank you LENOVO for this traumatic experience.

And for the record, I also have one XPS 15 with same configuration like X1 (plus touch screen) and works spectacular.

ptjt
Paper Tape
Views: 546
Message 43 of 99

I am seeing the same issue (lag on second screen) on my brand new fully updated X1. Would love to see Lenovo get involved and provide a solution. The machine is great otherwise so it is dissapointing to find this issue.

Martin_GW
What's DOS?
Views: 444
Message 44 of 99

Sorry, not providing any help here, but good to know that I am not alone, had to restart my computer once everytime I turn my X1e 1st gen on for the last few months. 

Lenovo, this is a very fraustring expereinece.

xev790
What's DOS?
Views: 424
Message 45 of 99

got my thinkpad X1 extreme 3 weeks ago. it was fine for first week then the lag when hdmi output to my monitor happens on the 2nd screen only. now i only use it on duplicate mode. is there still no fix on this ?
sp00n
Punch Card
Views: 411
Message 46 of 99

For the moment only restart or a shortcut to kill DWM process

Vadrigar
Punch Card
Views: 354
Message 47 of 99

Problem persists for me, too. Only workaround at the moment is to restart the laptop, kill dwm.exe or deactivate and reactivate the intel gpu via device manager.

MichaelR2D2
Punch Card
Views: 336
Message 48 of 99

I am really troubled Lenovo persists to ignore this defect for so long. My colleagues that trusted in my Lenovo X1 recommendation are looking at stuttering screen for more than a half year now .Not a single answer or suggestion has been supplied by Lenovo itself. I'm deeply dissapointed.
Andrux87
What's DOS?
Views: 272
Message 49 of 99

Gen1 user here - no TB3 dock i use this one 

I've updated to the latest driver directly from the geforce experience center.

Set discrete graphics mode in BIOS and it dissappeared - will follow up with updates 

sp00n
Punch Card
Views: 266
Message 50 of 99

what is you battery life with nVidia GPU enabled all the time? Guess not very long... this is approach is far from being even close to a temporary solution for me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors