Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5154 Posts

01-01-2012

United States of America

8306 Signins

131588 Page Views

• Views: 131588
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 review: Dolby Voice for PC

2021-04-16, 19:24 PM
The X1 Carbon Gen 9 and X1 Yoga Gen 6 have a new conferencing feature 'Dolby Voice', which from the sales brochure does:  "Hear and be heard with Dolby Voice for PCs, an intelligent and professional conferencing solution.  Experience remote sales calls, marketing webinars, and team meetings as clearly as if you were in person."

To test, I enlisted the help of a friend, Brett, who is a long-time sales engineer for a tech company, and with Covid, spends considerable time on video conferences.  We setup the X1 C9 in his living room with the TV on CNN at regular watching volume to simulate background voices, the laptop positioned sideways to the TV on the coffee table.  Using Zoom, we setup a video conference to his desktop (with Logitech webcam) in his den at the far end of the house behind closed doors, and traded positions half way through the test to experience both sides. 

My friend was very impressed by the X1 C9's ability to greatly reduce the voices from the TV when either of us was speaking.  During silences, when I was on his desktop in the den, I could hear and understand what was being said on the TV in the living room via Zoom, but this either immediately muted or was reduced to non-obtrusive noise when Brett spoke into the X1.  His voice came through good and clear, and better than on the Logitech mic.  I only video conference once in a blue moon, so I'll take Brett at his word that this is a feature he'd definitely want on his next laptop. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.
Options

1660 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

111 Signins

8370 Page Views

• Views: 8370
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:X1 review: Dolby Voice for PC

2021-04-16, 20:59 PM

Hello BiggAl,

Thank you for sharing this

Best regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms