Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 210
Message 1 of 3

X1 thinkpad yoga no display - gen 1 - new machine

I reset my pc - windows 10 to fix a different issue and on reboot, i see lenovo splash screen, but windows is only visible on external monitor. 

I found a batch file fix, but that appears to be related to OLED screens - i don't think i have one. 

My problem to start with was minor - every time i unpin Edge and Store, they return... tried registry and appdata location deletes - no success. I know it is a profile issue, tried deleting profile, but work has us login to Azure AD, and that screwed that up - had to reset to start  the process over. Ever since - the laptop screen only shows the lenovo boot splash. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 208
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 thinkpad yoga no display - gen 1 - new machine

The intel driver sees 2 monitors. The windows utilty seems to just see one shows 1|2 on the external when i identify. The Lenovo screen says 11/17/2015 for driver date v. 6.2.0.0 - 

Checking for drivers windows upgraded to 6.4.0.0 dated 3/16/17, but no change. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 204
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 thinkpad yoga no display - gen 1 - new machine

Holy Crazyiness!

I uninstalled the graphic driver - but this left me with no display on either external or internal.  I had to hard power down, but upon reboot the laptop screen was back!

Of course, i am now back to square one with my icons for edge and store re-pinning themselves to the taskbar.

Re-installing the Intel Graphics driver. Wish me luck

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors