cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Makoto0205
Paper Tape
Views: 1,240
Message 1 of 8

X1 yoga touchscreen stopped responding to finger touches, but stylus still works

The touchscreen suddenly stopped responding to any finger touches, though stylus still works perfectly.  Anyone else seeing it?  I've tried shutting off with no luck.  Can't find any settings like that anywhere.

Makoto0205
Paper Tape
Views: 1,206
Message 2 of 8

Re: X1 yoga touchscreen stopped responding to finger touches, but stylus still works

Hmm tried suspending and resuming the PC and then it started working. Then I rebooted the device and it's still working.  Something is flakey.

Former Employee
Views: 1,088
Message 3 of 8

Re: X1 yoga touchscreen stopped responding to finger touches, but stylus still works

In response to customer reports that the touchscreen stops accepting input on X1 Yoga ThinkPads, Lenovo will release firmware this week that resolves the issue.

I will post again when the firmware becomes available.

Thank you,

JorgeJ
What's DOS?
Views: 1,075
Message 4 of 8

Look forward for the new firmware-

Former Employee
Views: 1,058
Message 5 of 8

Lenovo has released the Touch Firmware Update Tool, version 1.0, to resolve customer reports of unexpected touchscreen behavior such as freezing, stops working, moving the cursor, or stuck touch points.

It can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS112340

If the Touch Firmware update does not resolve your issue, please provide a description of the odd behavior to assist Think Engineering with identifying any unresolved issues.

Thank you,

yoneyu
What's DOS?
Views: 970
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

I had same issue and updated the firmware posted in the link, but the same issue is continuing.  Firmware update was finished successfully.  Do you have any update infomation on this?

Former Employee
Views: 740
Message 7 of 8

In response to customer reports of intermittent touchscreen function failure on X1 Yoga (Type 20FQ and 20FR) after resuming from sleep or when the lid is opened or closed, Lenovo has made a solution via touchscreen firmware available via download from the Lenovo Forums.

The beta touchscreen firmware can be downloaded from this Lenovo Forums link: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-Type-20FQ-and-20FR-Touchscreen-Firmwa...

Please provide feedback regarding this beta in the discussion above to assist Lenovo with gauging the success of the firmware.

Thank you,

filipefumaux
What's DOS?
Views: 562
Message 8 of 8

I'm also getting this error. It started today and it was using all old drivers. After update everything problem still.

Also installed beta driver. No changes. Touch is not working for fingers, but it's ok for pen

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors