Indonesia

2 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 82 of 87

Re: X100e BIOS Problems with WWAN Device Gobi 2000

2010-05-29, 19:14 PM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your kind suggestion, I have try several times with BIOS upgrade and factory default recovery but the problem still persist. I'm so frustated can not utilise the built-in 3G modem with this machine.

I have bring my machine to Jakarta (Plaza Office Tower) - Lenovo Repair Centre last Wednesday but the engineer can not solve the problem. He just suggest to recover the system back to the factory state. Seems they have no familiar with this model.

FYI, The WWAN looks enable in F1-BIOS and Fn-F5 Individual Control but i can not run the ThinkvVantage tools and also the Qualcom GOBI 2000  listed at device manager-Com 3 port (com & lpt) instead of network adapter.

The Thinkvantage GPS also won't work the message say "the GPS enabler failed to detect supported GPS hardware device and also the activate mobile broadband under Lenovo Internet Connection always failed and say that "windows canot find Wananc,exe' 

My current status as follow;

Date of Purchase: 19 May 2010

Reseller: Notebook 88 - Ratu Plaza

Distribution: Metrodata, Indonesia

Product: 2876RZ1

Serial: LRxxxxx

Bios: 6XET39WW (1.23)

O/S: Win7 Pro (32)

I haven't succed to run WWAN and GPS since i've purchase on 19 May, Its so disappointing against the big name of IBM/Lenovo as the world class IT brand. Actually my company official IT standard is HP and this is first time for me for using Lenovo/IBM,

Would you please kindly advise what i have to do from this end to solve the mentioned problem and grateful if someone from Lenovo can give me the quick solutions instead of checking for uncertain period. I've prefer to have unit replacement instead of repair, considering it less than 2 weeks of purchase.

Looking forward to Lenovo prompt action on these issue.

Thanks and regards,

pthalim - Jakarta, Indonesia

Moderator Note; s/n and personal information edited for members own protection

Options

3 Posts

04-19-2010

Tallinn, Estonia

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 83 of 87

2010-06-19, 12:10 PM

1.25 is out!

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-74275

Options

1 Posts

02-28-2011

Germany

11 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 84 of 87

2011-02-28, 16:09 PM

As many other x100e owners I had the same problem with my gobi2000

The following scenario helped me out:

- reinstallation Win7 (Pro 32bit) and drivers.

- Installation of Lenovo Software like: Hotkey, Access Connect, TinkVantage (Loaded all updates!!!) until every hardware is installed correctly and drivers are up-to-date

- shutdown and remove gobi2000 hardware complete, build in and make sure that everything is connected correct

- Boot to BIOS and deactivate wwan

- During Windows boot hardstop the system

- reactivate wwan

- after reboot, everything worked fine (FN+F5 and so on...)

To me it looks like, that the card was not connected correctly...

Options

2 Posts

12-23-2011

Sweden

6 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 85 of 87

2011-12-23, 10:49 AM

Was this issue ever resolved? I just upgraded my BIOS to the latest version and noticed that my Gobi 2000 card stopped working. I found this forum on Google and I've read every single post in this thread.

I've tried turning the WWAN connection off and on in the BIOS, I've downgraded the BIOS and tried reinstalling every possible driver. I haven't yet tried reinstalling the O/S but I will later today.

The GPS still works so the Gobi card must be working. The Gobi card does however not register to the cellular networks. I am able to read data from the SIM card in Access Connections.

This laptop was bought during the 2010 summer and hence has no warranty.

BIOS screenshot: https://stormhub.org/dump/bios.jpg

Wireless status screenshot: https://stormhub.org/dump/status.png

Attempting to connect screenshot: https://stormhub.org/dump/powerup.png

Options

2 Posts

12-23-2011

Sweden

6 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 86 of 87

2011-12-24, 1:27 AM

I've spent the entire day upgrading and downgrading BIOS, reinstalling Windows, detaching the WWAN card, trying every single version of all the drivers and pretty much everything else mentioned in this thread. Nothing has worked so far and I'm fed up with my laptop not working as it should.

Since the machine no longer is covered by its warranty my guess is that I cannot send it to Lenovo to have it repaired. I've been using ThinkPad for the last 8 years due to their excellent quality and ability to just keep on working. In fact, my very first ThinkPad is still alive and kicking. It would seem that Lenovo is breaking this trend with the X100e. My next laptop will not be ThinkPad.

Options

1 Posts

01-11-2013

Germany

2 Signins

3 Page Views

• Views: 3
  • Message 87 of 87

2013-01-11, 13:42 PM

The Problem seems to exist since a long time, I recently bought a used X100e, it worked fine but I did install Win7 ultimate in German language and could not activate Bluetooth and UMTS (G3).

I did read a lot of things about that and tried all the given tips without success.

After 2 days and one night I found out a very simple thing:

To enable the "Hotkeys" (specially FN+F5) I tried to install the hotkey software, even when I did that as an administrator there were some files which "could not be written" to my system!!!! (I guess because I have no "rights" to write into folders like C:\windows\system32).

All drivers and Think-Programs are downloaded as one single file, when executed a new folder is created with the "setup.exe", mostly also an "autorun.inf". After extracting they are automatically run (but not run as administrator)!

That is why the hotkey is not installed!

So I looked into that folder where the files are (Hotkey), found a subfolder called "OSD", there a folder called "F5"

inside that folder there is a file called TpFnF5.exe (779 kbytes "big").

Finally it was very easy: I made a link to the desktop to have that file "handy"

doubleclick and it opens (in a compact form), just find the point to click  to "Individual control" and we get all we need.

If the support from Lenovo would be so kind to make a procedure to install the hotkeys into another folder or to make it possible for a "normal user" to install them we all could be finally happy with our ThinkPads.

I am happy with it from now, just need to get some sleep :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete