Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

06-06-2010

UK

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 3

X100e Touchpad / Trackpad button sticking / clicking

2010-06-06, 19:33 PM

Hi

I have an X100e (dual core turion ybased) which appears to have developed a problem with the left most key at the foot of the touchpad. Specifically, it has developed an annoying clicking sound periodically when in use. I believe the click may be something to do with a bar that may be sitting under the key to ensure that the whole key moves parallel to the keyboard when pressed (much like other wide keys such as the space bar, the shift or enter kes).

What I would like to know is whether there is a way to reseat the key to resolve the clicking sound or whether rectification of the problem lies in returning the product to a service centre for the palm rest (part code: 60Y5284) to be changed.

Roger

Options

1 Posts

06-21-2010

USA

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: X100e Touchpad / Trackpad button sticking / clicking

2010-06-21, 9:17 AM

Roger-

I just discovered a similar clicking/sticking problem for the "m" key on my x200s.  Did you ever find a solution to your problem?

Thanks.

Greg

Options

5 Posts

06-06-2010

UK

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: X100e Touchpad / Trackpad button sticking / clicking

2010-06-21, 23:58 PM

Hi Greg

No - I haven't found a solution - will be getting in touch with Lenovo support for repair / replacement under the warranty. It's one of those things that, although minor, is a significant irritation when using the device. I am suprised to hear that the problem affects the higher-end X200 though, but I suspect the mechanics of a thin profile laptop keyboard require tiny mechanical guides that may be prone to the problem ...

Roger

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms