Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 4 (1,109 Views)

X100e Windows 7 Wi-Fi/Network and Sharing Centre

[ Edited ]

Hi All!

I have an X100e running Windows 7, and every time I connect to a network wirelessly, the connection is fine and I am connected to the LAN and the net.

However the icon in the systray by the clock shows the yellow star over the Wi-Fi bars implying it is not connected and new networks are available.

Any ideas how I can get rid of this? As I cannot view how strong the signal is...

Former Employee
Message 2 of 4 (1,074 Views)

Re: X100e Windows 7 Wi-Fi/Network and Sharing Centre

hey bertles86,

when you mouse-over on the icon, did it leave any message like "limited or no connectivity" ?

At the same time, i would like you to uninstall the current wifi drivers that you have. let windows install its generic drivers and see if that symbol is still there.

Also, could you try and see if the error occurs if you use our driver

>> http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS000979

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4 (1,008 Views)

I have 2 x100e's in our office. Both computers have constant connection drops with our remote exchange server and web bages take a really long time to load. I manage 27 other computers on our network (dell and hp) and none of them have this issue. I have resorted to running both machines off ethernet just to keep them functioning. 

I have completed all Microsoft updates as well as all Lenovo updates and the issues still persists. I have called lenovo support repeatedly. They keep telling me it is a network issue even with the knowledge that the other 27 computers work perfectly on wifi. 

Any help is appreciated.

Both machines are running 32 bit Win7 Pro

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 4 (983 Views)

Thanks for the reply Serge!

When I mouse over the popup box shows the SSID and "Internet Access" underneath.

I've repeatedly uninstalled the Wi-Fi card drivers through Device Manager and installed the one's which you kindly directed me to.

However there is no change...this seems to be quite a major bug for me with the X100e.

Is there any solution?

Could I replace the Wi-Fi card for a better one?

Top kudoed Authors