Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

40 Posts

11-28-2011

usa

41 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 1 of 1

X120E Touchpad inoperable after resuming from sleep

2014-04-22, 12:59 PM

hello friends I'm a happy X120E user and a tech [pc's, mac's, lans, etc] - I do all sorts of tasks with my x120e and its been great.  I recently "upgraded" my SSD so a fresh new install of Windows 7 was in order.  After updating everything I have a problem I did not experience previously at all - not once in 3 years of use.

Upon resuming from sleep [and as far as I can remember this only occurs when resuming on battery], the touchpad/cursor is inoperable, frozen in the centered position, and I have found no way to 'wake' it.  I finally have to shutdown/restart to get things functioning again.  Keyboard works fine, but not touchpad or trackpoint [either/both].

maddeningly, its not consistent in this. sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

I have seen the same issue with, and without, the supplied Lenovo Ultranav driver installed. 

Question: in the X120E implementation, is the touchpad a PCI bus device or a USB device?  I see no power plan options [i.e. "Advanced" >"Allow this device to wake the computer"] available via Device properties. There are no pointer/mouse/touchpad options whatsoever under Power Plan Settings.

Will Fn+F8 enable/disable the touchpad on this notebook?  or,... should it?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms