Did you mean: 
lutas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,957
Message 11 of 80

Re: x120e Purchase Questions (UK)

Hmm, odd it says here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb-ns5f2dV4

"This X120e will be available worldwide on February 15th! Thank you for your interest in our products."

I hope it's coming out :-/

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,917
Message 12 of 80

Hi all,

a first review on engadget.com:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/07/lenovo-thinkpad-x120e-review/

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Lenovo Yoga C930, ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T460s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

afcross
Serial Port
Views: 3,537
Message 13 of 80

I find it very hard to believe that the x120e won't be available in the UK (and I don't think that's just wishful thinking!). The x100e offering in the "UK Shop" has been pared right down to a single core (no Enhanced or Elite models). My order for an x100e in December was eventually cancelled because they couldn't build to the spec I'd asked for, so I realised then that something better must be coming. Perhaps the UK (or RoW) is being used to soak up all the spare x100e stock parts while the US moves on to the x120e, in which case Lenovo might choose to state categorically that the x120e is never coming to the UK, so that we help clear the x100e stock rather than wait. Not sure who would buy the x100e now, though, with more Fusion machines becoming available very soon. Any chance of a statement, Lenovo?

BigBossMan
Token Ring
Views: 3,267
Message 14 of 80

Humor Break Below.

-------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb-ns5f2dV4

The guy in the youtube commercial has no life. Smiley Sad

He is constantly jet lagged flying from country to country taking boat rides within the same day. His little laptop probably tells him your in a different time zone dude, and all of your Microsoft Outlook appointments are off. You have a meeting 5 hrs overdue. When he travels to the US, he wonders, what happend to my GSM 3G signal? Meanwhile he is still trying to figure out whether the laptop should go through the xray scanner at the airport upside down or right side up. What if he forgets one day Smiley Surprised?! Rescue and Recovery tells him that he needs to backup his computer, but he is never at home. Due to the economy, his vacation time has been cut in half, and his retirement is based on building new bridges. On the plus side, with the always on usb port, he can plug in his usb electric tooth brush without missing a beat.

Did I miss anything? Smiley Wink

lutas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,216
Message 15 of 80

"Editors' note: Originally scheduled for mid-February availability, the launch of this product has been delayed until March 8, 2011."

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-x120e/4505-3121_7-34498277.html

lutas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,942
Message 16 of 80

Bah looks like Lenovo's facebook page has confirmed no x120e for Western Europe...Guess I'll have to go for the Asus 1215n... /sigh

http://www.facebook.com/lenovo/posts/198773636806635

"Hi Everyone! Liz from Lenovo ThinkPad Product Marketing here with some more information about where you can buy ThinkPad X120e starting next week. On February 15 it will be available in North America, China and other emerging market countries (such as Eastern Europe, Indonesia, Korea). Unfortunately at this time there are no plans to launch X120e in Latin America, Japan, Australia or Western Europe (including Germany and Norway). However, we do still offer the ThinkPad Edge 11" in all of those countries for those customers looking for a well equipped 11" notebook."

afcross
Serial Port
Views: 2,863
Message 17 of 80

That is such a big disappointment for us in the UK. Is it something we said? Smiley Wink

ThinkGlobal
What's DOS?
Views: 2,541
Message 18 of 80

Well don't be to disappointed. I live in Germany and we got the same message. 

I even called Lenovo US and asked if it would be possible to order the x120e with a foreign keyboard - Answer "No".

So i guess everybody in Europe must hope that Lenovo does not see Switzerland as part of "Western Europe".

In a different Forum someone also confirmed that the device will be available to large companies --> large quantity.

What i do not understand is why a company that is trying to sell a business notebook is selling it in countries where the industrial standard is way below ours in western europe. I really can't imagine a man in a suite sitting next to me in an airplane with a glosy red Edge 11, sorry but that is just hilarious.

I was working for Opel/Vauxhall in germany for some time and if all of those engineers had to work with a device like that, well partners would probably not take them seriously.

Same deal with smartphones in Europe. I really don't get it!

crenard
Paper Tape
Views: 2,448
Message 19 of 80

I agree with the whole thread above.

Being in France, I got the same message and I am extremely disappointed not to have access to x120e.

I can probably be considered as a "die hard" Thinkpad user:

I have been buying and using Thinkpads for at least the last 10 years; my current x200s is the 6th consecutive Thinkpad I use as main computer, and I even own to it to still be able to walk after a motorbike accident.

While I can understand the market for "funky" Edge Thinkpads I would never consider buying one of those, if only because of the glossy display.

I have been using my x100e as backup computer and was looking forward to upgrade to the x120e for better battery life.

Lenovo distribution choice is very hard to understand and I will just abstain to replace the x100e or try one of those semi-hardened netbook Samsung is promoting (with a mat display). Too bad.

dlano
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,432
Message 20 of 80

Also upset about the lack of availability, it is a rather confusing decision (probably a political one due to the edge on Intels part).

With my eeePc 901 recently dying, and wanting to move up from the weak Atom platform, this would've been an excellent replacment (one of the 901s best features was its matte screen and only proper ThinkPads seem to have them these days).

Please reconsider this Lenovo, continuing to sell the x100 when there's a vastly superior alternative on hand is just wrong.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors