Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afcross
Serial Port
Views: 2,218
Message 21 of 80

Re: x120e Purchase Questions (UK)

There's a lot of talk here about the hated 'glossy' Edge display screens. Though it's perhaps not appropriate to comment here, I have found that the Edge 11 comes with two screens "Glare" and "Anti Glare" (by which I've deduced they mean "Shiny" and "Matt"). For instance, the NVY5EUK and NVY5FUK are both "Anti Glare", thogh most of the others are shiny.

I've already commented in this thread how disappointed I am that the x120e is not coming to Europe and the UK, but a sales rep did slip, in a conversation about the Edge 11, that the x120e might come to Europe later in the year. How true is anyone's guess. I'm now more torn than ever over whether to get a matt screen Edge 11 now, or wait and see IF the x120e makes to these shores. Not sure how long I can wait!

red455
Punch Card
Views: 2,204
Message 22 of 80

Lenovo are idiots for not allowing this to come to the UK? What stupidity. I will not push for an X11. This was ideal for my budget.

Moderator edit: Removed section which did not treat everyone with respect, per the Community Rules.

afcross
Serial Port
Views: 2,168
Message 23 of 80

Steady! There may a thousand reasons why early release into Europe was not the best thing for Lenovo to do. Remember they will have stock to shift, and probably complex agreements with AMD and Intel to be met. I'm sure the money guys have considered this decision carefully - I don't think this makes them idiots!

What is regrettable, for both Lenovo and their potential customers, is that they led us all to believe that February would see a world-wide release of the x120e. European customers have been expecting to be able to order it early this year, and so have waited rather than consider, say, the Edge 11. That frustration will lead some to now buy the Edge, and others to wait indefinitely if it's not business-critical, but others will be annoyed enough to switch brands.

Between us we have now heard "world-wide in February", "will not be released in the UK", and "Europe/UK later in the year" - I hope it's just the messenger who is confused, and not the decison makers! I would urge Lenovo to give us some sort of time-frame for a Europe/UK release, if they can, so that we can plan our future purchases sensibly.

jinx100
802.11n
Views: 2,134
Message 24 of 80

Europe users should also look at the Acer ao522. It lacks the X series quality but the Acer is more portable and lower priced. It has replaced my x100e with great satisfaction.
afcross
Serial Port
Views: 2,118
Message 25 of 80

There seems to be quite an active call in this Forum from Germany to see the x120e soon. Should we perhaps make our voices heard in this thread for an early (or at least definitive) UK launch as well?

Yuki457
What's DOS?
Views: 2,122
Message 26 of 80

I would really like them to announce the x120e for the UK soon price is not a concern, come on lenovo!

iposner
Paper Tape
Views: 2,052
Message 27 of 80

Re: X120e: Buy now or wait?

This is a real marketing gaff. What can be the point of this? To shift unsold stock of x100e s? Or is that the European marketing department realises that many potential customers for the more expensive x200 series will opt for the X120e? That's exactly the point! Many of us don't need the whizz-bang features of the x200 series, yet we want a real thinkpad that's very light and thin. And no, the Edge series with its glossy covers and silver-edge a-la-PCWorld  won't do it for us.

So come on Lenove, sell the x120e in Europe. We're as good as anyone else in the world and deserve the same choice.

As for me, I'm not holding out any hopes - unless I hear of a change of heart by Lenovo, I'm going to get something by another manufacturer.

dlano
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,027
Message 28 of 80

The Edge won't satisfy some people anyway, me included, due to integrated Intel graphics. It's why the x120e is so appealing, the perfect blend of good CPU & GFX with great battery life at a great price point.

Again Lenovo, please reconsider (or at least let us know when It might come in the year).
red455
Punch Card
Views: 1,768
Message 29 of 80

THE X120e IS NOW AVAILABLE TO BUY IN USA 

afcross
Serial Port
Views: 1,678
Message 30 of 80

Well, lucky them!

I suppose we in UK/Europe should always look on the bright side of life - by the time it gets to us, if it ever does, most of the bugs should have been ironed out!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors