Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blurf
Paper Tape
Views: 1,373
Message 31 of 80

Re: X120e: Buy now or wait?

Please release it in the UK / Europe as soon as possible.   Like others, I have been waiting for this.  Zero interest in the Edge or X200.  Only considering the X120e or what ever Asus bring out that's similar, if the X120e still hasn't been released.

Huge gaffe by Lenovo.  Probably the most anticipated product they've had for years and they decide to make it US / Canada / 'developing countries' only.

If it's due to supply constraint of Zacate parts, then they should have said so and continued to clear X100e stock out at still lower prices (I doubt they'll sell at currents prices), rather than creating this PR disaster.

Really don't want to have to import from the US or eventually go with an Asus / MSI, but I'll have to if stock doesn't materialise soon.

Edit:  Should also be noted that I know of a couple of small businesses that were looking at purchasing 20 & 60 of these respectively.  If that's representative of the UK / Europe generally, then I'm sure it could do huge business here.  Naturally, I'm sure they'll go with another brand if a business-like e-350 product isn't made available.

Retired Guru
Views: 1,361
Message 32 of 80

@dlano wrote:
The Edge won't satisfy some people anyway, me included, due to integrated Intel graphics.

Just to not misinform someone who are seeking for an alternative, Edge 11 is not only based on intel HW, the edge 11 is exactly an X100e with a glossy screen and a different external finish.

But inside has a powerful Athlon II (phenom architecture) instead of the Athlon present on the X100e.

This processor is more powerfull than the fusion one, tough the graphic card of the fusion based solution has almost the double of the power of the older solution present on Both Edge 11 and X100e.

All in all I'm on the same boat with you, I need to chose if wait, byy the 120 via ebay, buy the edge 11 or go stright  to a non Lenovo product like the Vaio YB or the HP DM1z...

red455
Punch Card
Views: 1,352
Message 33 of 80

Does anyone know which of the "developing" countries will have a UK spec keyboard? I don't really want to import a naff USA keyboard. And what makes Lenovo think that we Brits are all rich and well off and able to pay the extra for the Edge 11? The UK isn't far off many third world countries now...etc. Lenovo have lost it. Wake up and release the x120e UK spec. 

Retired Guru
Views: 1,322
Message 34 of 80

I think that the  UK layout is used just in UK and Ireland.

Even Australia, New Zeland, HK and so on are all using the US keyboard

dlano
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,244
Message 35 of 80

In reply to The Solutor

The only AMD edge 11s I can find and buy are single core, and that older architecture while more powerful from what I understand is notorious for poor battery life and overheating issues, based on online reviews and friends with similar devices.

Battery life is critical, and as one of my previous post stated, the Fusion platform offers the best solution at the lowest price.  Shame it seems NO manufactuers are bringing any E-350 machines over anytime soon.

Oh and red455: http://www.laptopspec.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X120e-03.jpg

this comes up on a simple google image search, not 100% sure what country these characters are from, but im looking into trying to get one of these.

Retired Guru
Views: 1,229
Message 36 of 80

@dlano wrote:

In reply to The Solutor

The only AMD edge 11s I can find and buy are single core, and that older architecture while more powerful from what I understand is notorious for poor battery life and overheating issues, based on online reviews and friends with similar devices.

Strange, here (in italy) only the dual core is available.

Btw even if not on par with the fusion based 120, the edge 11 is a big step foward if compared with the x100e, the dualcore Athlon II has a tdp of 12W v.s. 18W of the Neo that powers the x100e.

And you have to add that more powerfull processor=less time to do the tasks=more time in idle/low power state.

Obviously a fusion powered machine should do even better.

My main concerns are about the glossy screen and not the battery life.

Shame it seems NO manufactuers are bringing any E-350 machines over anytime soon.

Indeed here in Italy the nice looking vaio YB altough present on the sony site is still unavailable (it is lighter than 120 because the smaller battery), on the other hand the HP dm1z is not even mentioned on the italian section of HP.com.

Seem that us, poor Europeans, have to wait more  to have one of this nice notebooks.

Yuki457
What's DOS?
Views: 1,200
Message 37 of 80

@dlano wrote:

Oh and red455: http://www.laptopspec.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X120e-03.jpg

this comes up on a simple google image search, not 100% sure what country these characters are from, but im looking into trying to get one of these.

Japanese hiragana, I wouldn't mind those keys myself Smiley Happy

Note: Interesting that keyset is shown when it is not available in Japan.

dlano
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,143
Message 38 of 80

Noticed that myself, making me think it might be a shopped image from an x100e, not like there'd be much to change :/
afcross
Serial Port
Views: 1,124
Message 39 of 80

I've talked in the Edge sub-forum about the non-glossy ("Anti Glare") screens that appear to be specified on some of the Edge 11 machines, specifically, as I understand it, the NVY5EUK and NVY5FUK. If you guys are telling me there are no Edge 11s with matt screens, then they are straight off my list and it's back to an x100e, or wait indefinitely for the x120e. Do you know more than I do about Edge screens? Sorry to ask the question here, but it is very relevant to the choice between the two families here in the UK.

dlano
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,113
Message 40 of 80

The_Solutor being in Italy may have different options to us afcross, while the screen is an issue for me, it is less so than the actual hardware platform.

I don't know which do or don't have the matte screen option, but tbh the glossy lid design is a put off for me anyway.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors