cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Transisto
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 5

X120e TrackPoint Scrolling is sluggish / inconsistent

I can use the mouse weel and everything smooth but when scolling with the TrackPoint it sems to always hang for 1 second half-way,.

It may happen when CPU usage is 100%,  Chrome is well known for that.

As I said It does not happen when using the ouse wheel so I think something could be done to prioritize the mouse driver.

Look like the same problem people are havng with tackpad scrooling, Haven't tested, I'm not using it.

Transisto
Paper Tape
Message 2 of 5

Re: X120e TrackPoint Scrolling is slugishing / inconsistent

make me want to trash that laptop

joncordova
802.11n
Message 3 of 5

Re: X120e TrackPoint Scrolling is sluggish / inconsistent

Hmmm, I have similar performacne, or lack thereof, with my x100e with the Turion dual core CPU, and the E-350 processor in the x121e is actually a litle slower than that. I suspect it comes down to the processor speed; one of the reasons I've come to believe in Intel chips.

So it seems Trackpoint scrolling (my favorite, feature, by the way) has a lot of problems with software optimization. It wouldn't seem to be GPU accelerated in Chrome, for that matter. I wonder if it goes so far that disabling the Trackpoint and using the touchpad instead would save battery life.

Transisto
Paper Tape
Message 4 of 5

If I drag the right scroll bar up and dows it is very smooth, This is the same thing and should require the  same ressources. but if I do it with the center button it's hanging for almost 1.5 seconds at any time.

The middle button of almost every mouse bring up a drag icon (circle), it sucks on a mouse because it act like a joystick, but this IS a joystick,,,  , but an unusable one ... What's making it so hard. I might as well figure out a way to map this button myself, and try to achieve the same.

The thing is this action require excessive CPU ressources that compete with Chrome scrooling, The two hang the machine.

goose
Blue Screen Again
Message 5 of 5

Yeah, at times it feels like Lenovo engineers don't use their own products.

Did you also try "smooth" scrolling option under UltraNav's TrackPoint settings? It behaves more like middle mouse click on traditional mouse.

I personally am using TrackPad scrolling from now on. I got a 3rd party driver for TrackPad that gives me very satisfactory scrolling behaviour  - here's my thread on the subject:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/How-to-disable-touchpad-scroll-acceleration/td...

Top Kudoed Authors