Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

X121e - where to purchase headset adapter for the 4-Pin audio combo port

0 Kudos
Click ►
Started ‎03-06-2012 by
Modified ‎06-11-2013 by

I have a headphone with mic and speaker ports. Unlike the old notebooks, the current machine that I have has only 1 audio port. According to one of the knowledge base article, I understand that i need an adapter to connect both.

Where can I purchase the adapter that can connect the current headphone with mic and speaker ports, back to a machine with only single audio combo jack?

Lenovo does not offer the Y cable splitter directly at this time.   There are a wide variey available for sale on the internet which can be found by enterining the term "headphone y splitter" into one of the major internet search engines.  One of the adapters recommended by some members of the forum user is: 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x 3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter - M/F

Here are several example links to this model splitter as offered by a major online retailer.  Lenovo does not endorse any particular online retailer and the following citations are offered as examples only - shipping options / terms and availability to various countries are beyond the scope of what this article can cover.

Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

by Lenovo201402 on ‎03-11-2014 07:18 AM

To bad Lenovo was to cheap to include one. Selling on ebay for .99 if you can wait for it to ship from Hong Kong.