Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PinkFloydEffect
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,270
Message 1 of 2

X131e 802.11AC Upgrade?

I use my X131e on a network NAS, so bandwidth for desktop expereince is very important. I upgraded the factory 2x2 a/b/g/n card with an Intel 7260HMW BT4.0 card (802.11AC). However at post it says 1802: unauthorized network card is plugged in, and it haults post with no way to continue. What gives? I love my X131e minus the fact it does not support .AC I even installed a 7200rpm 500GB/32MB HDD with my OS running off a SSD mini card.

Any advice? 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,229
Message 2 of 2

Re: X131e 802.11AC Upgrade?

Hi,

The situation hasn't changed from when you asked back in December.  The BIOS whitelists wifi cards.  They have to be a whitelisted model and have a matching Lenovo FRU number.

Goretsky gave you the  list:  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/802-11ac-WIFI-Card-131e/m-p/2236474/highlight...

Without a modified BIOS you're limited to that list.

regards,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors