Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deyshin
What's DOS?
Views: 555
Message 1 of 1

X140e and Windows 10 Pro / Pro Education for Version 1607 and beyond

Previously, my laptop (ThinkPad X140e) got Win 10 Pro (Ver 1511), upgrading from OEM Win 8 Pro. All was well then. 
I installed a flavor of Linux after that to see how it goes, and I didn't like it after all. 

I created a new Win10 Installation media, using Windows Media Creation Tool and a USB memory stick. Little did I know about the new change applied from ver.1607 (Windows 10 editions for education customers), the new installation of Win 10 activated as Windows 10 Pro Education. I suppose my ThinkPad X140e was given Education OEM license for some reason, even though it was bought independently. 

Win 10 Pro Education seems mostly identical to vanilla Win 10 Pro that I know of. However, I see some '* Some settings are managed by your organization' messages in some of the Settings menus, and I really don't like it. 

Is there any way for me to get Windows 10 Pro, instead of Windows 10 Pro Education? 
This Link (Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Pro Education from Windows Store for Business) has a section about reverting process; I don't think it applies to my case.

Any advice? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors